• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Development Restarted rumour debunked

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had purposely avoided posting about the rumours which had started to circulate online yesterday regarding the development of Fable IV and it being restarted and switching engines.

The main reason for this was that the original source had posted it on 4chan which was red flag number 1 and I didnt want to add any unfounded negatively towards the Fable team based on rumours with no evidence.

The original tweet which was created by Idle Sloth, has now been removed but had claimed that Fable 4's current build had been deemed "'unplayable' by most of the team," and Fable 4's "Forzatech version would never see the light of day." It was claimed that development would move to the Unreal engine rather than using Playground Games internal engine (red flag number 2 for the rumours credibility)

Thought that I would post this now as the rumour has been officially debunked and wanted to inform anyone finding their way here that development is still well under way of Fable IV.

BELOW IS THE ORIGINAL TWEET OF THE DEBUNKED RUMOUR