• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II on Xbox One

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Who's Playing :D
So much fun to play again! Still have to sort out how to get my game saves.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Haven't tried it out just yet, but it's definitely the first game we're using as a test drive for the new backwards compatibility update. Probably make some time for it tonight or tomorrow. ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Haven't tried it out just yet, but it's definitely the first game we're using as a test drive for the new backwards compatibility update. Probably make some time for it tonight or tomorrow. ^_^

I watched Jack play ACII & it worked flawlessly, very impressive indeed.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I figured out the game save. You need to download the game and each of the add ons to play games that have. I played some Viva Pinata before that. So Cool!

rhett_thom

Lion Heart
Reaction score
Quick question about Fable II on the Xbone. Do our dlcs carry over too? I see that both dlcs are shown and then there are the free options. Are the free ones the ones I already purchased years ago?

Last edited:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Quick question about Fable II on the Xbone. Do our dlcs carry over too? I see that both dlcs are shown and then there are the free options. Are the free ones the ones I already purchased years ago?
Yes, you will need to go to Manage game. Use the menu button (select) to get there. You can then download all the pieces you purchased. You'll need to do this anyway to play your cloud saves.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
I am planning to play Fable 2 on my Xbox One X. I presume the download times is better and the higher framerates more sustained, but how about the graphics?

Also if I already have the digital copy of Fable 2, would there be any problem adding the premium dlcs from the Platinum Hits disc version I bought recently.

Reactions: lee

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
Never mind. Got all the dlcs working perfectly. Only problem I had was when I tried buying the Bonus game add on with my MS gift card on my PC or Xbox One X. There was no option for using the MS gift card on both those platforms. Only paypal or credit card which I preferred not using. I had to use my Xbox 360 to use the gift card to make the purchase even though I have Fable 2 installed on my Xbox One X.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Never mind. Got all the dlcs working perfectly. Only problem I had was when I tried buying the Bonus game add on with my MS gift card on my PC or Xbox One X. There was no option for using the MS gift card on both those platforms. Only paypal or credit card which I preferred not using. I had to use my Xbox 360 to use the gift card to make the purchase even though I have Fable 2 installed on my Xbox One X.

Glad its all working, heard there were some issues with purchasing some the backwards compatible marketplace items via XB1 & PC. In the past my XB1 sometimes wouldnt let me download the free games for gold 360 games & had to first login to website and redeem it there and then it would appear to download on XB1.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Apparently this is horrendously broken on Xbox One after an update they sent out. No idea when/if it'll be fixed.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
Apparently this is horrendously broken on Xbox One after an update they sent out. No idea when/if it'll be fixed.

I asked the Microsoft Customer support rep I talked to send feedback about this. Hopefully it gets fixed. I was able to make it work fairly easily because I still have my 360 connected and made the transaction there, but exclusive Xbox One only customers might not be able to buy those 360 dlcs or games with a MS gift card.