• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV: Return of the Crawler

BWfreak

Reaction score
This is the first fanfic I have written. It takes place after the events of Fable III, and gives some history on past antagonists. Most back story elements are from the game, but I did make some connections that are not canon. Here is the link to my story:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7437576/1/bFable_b_bIV_b_Return_of_the_Crawler

It isn't complete yet, but tell me what you think of what I have written so far.

BWfreak

Reaction score
..........why yes it would!!!! lol

oops! XD

BWfreak

Reaction score
Thanks! lol I was trying to find out how to do that and came to the conclusion that I can't XD

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
One thing that immediately became apparent to me is that you use a lot of pronouns, especially in the introduction. You keep saying 'he' and 'him'. You need to watch that. There is a line between being mysterious and being irritating.

Another thing to keep an eye out for is tense. I noticed near the end of the (second? I think?) chapter you started to drift between past and present.

These are small complaints, but they really bugged me.

Excellent writing style, though. I look forward to reading more.

BWfreak

Reaction score
Finally! One of the first real pieces of feedback. Thank you :D

Syrane

Reaction score
In chapter one it says '
The Court had finally gained control of the old kingdom for a time after many failed attempts.'; I thought the Old Kingdom was established by William Black after defeating the Court?

Other than that, it was pretty interesting, good job :)