• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable: The Journey demo dated

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
0.jpg
Microsoft have announced that a demo of Lionheads upcoming Kinect Exclusive title will be available for download on September 17th.
Lionhead had the following to say about it...
If you own a Kinect and you are a serious gamer who doesn't want to jump around their living room, then this is the game to look out for.
The game will be released on October 9th.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Why would a serious gamer own Kinect in the first place?

I own Kinect I just dont use it, more for my Step-Son to play around on and my girlfriend uses it sometimes. The voice control is of more use for serious gamers than the motion control and I sometimes use it to bring up the menus.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna get it anyway. I have a little half-brother who loves the kinect, and I personally want to see what this game adds to the lore. But I'm sure to get it at a discounted price. Not paying anything for more than 30 dollars if I ain't playing it much. Also, there's that demo. I'll try that before deciding anything.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No, they are targeting the Kinect market through a decent action franchise, so it's perfect. The 'serious' gamer stuff is just random hype that they do all the time as per Lionhead style. Whether or not this game will be appreciated by 'serious' gamers will be seen later on, when the game is released and a couple of those 'serious' gamers that own Kinect will start adding their two coins on how The Journey can appeal to such a category of gamers.

I just think that Fable: The Journey will be just another semi-decent and not really memorable game; sure the controls look great and you don't have to move around like a cretin trying to move your character and thus fulfills the very first purpose that Kinect was made for; new kind of interaction from the player to the game. Oh, and finally Lionhead admits that the Fable franchise is about Action games mostly.

I think the serious gamer line is referring to gamers who dislike prancing around infront of their tvs like most Kinect games. I believe you can be seated for this as it requires hands only.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Or it could also refer the hardcore gamers. It's a broad term, it could mean anything. However, that comes from the same studio that thought putting a difficulty setting that it would appeal to more serious gamers.

Actually, when they said serious gamers, they meant anyone who wasn't a casual gamer. You can't be called a serious gamer if all you play is Angry Birds and Dance Central, right?

Also, you're right. The term is very broad.

And Lionhead thought it would be appealing to put a difficulty setting only because people asked for it.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
People asked many easier things from Lionhead, but it didn't listen, and all of a sudden it cares about difficulty settings? Pfft.

People ask many things. What may seem easy to add to non-developers, may be difficult to actually code into the game. And of course, many of these requests never actually reach Lionhead.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
One thing is to ask misc features and another thing is not listening to the community at all. The truth is that they messed the PC version and added the difficulty setting at the end of their schedule - the game could have been easily bug-less on the PC if they didn't focus on the difficulty stuff.

Now that, is a valid point that I can completely agree with. They had so much time to work on the pc version after the 360 version came out, and yet, we still find the same bugs. Actually, I doubt they were concentrating solely on that difficulty system, and the other little things they added (which weren't much, either). The team was completely broken so that some people could work on Fable Heroes, and The Journey. Mismanagement on Lionhead's part. If there's one thing you must learn in any industry, its management. THQ is suffering badly because of mismanagement in the past, and Lionhead could be in that club sooner or later if they don't buck up.

THE GOLD BR1T

Reaction score
this is going to be amazing but lokking at the trailer it seems its all magic no wepons. kinda a let down. i like cutting bad guys heads off

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
this is going to be amazing but lokking at the trailer it seems its all magic no wepons. kinda a let down. i like cutting bad guys heads off

Well, they DO have a reason for having magic only. They said it would seem really awkward to pretend using a sword.