• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FableExplorer (Not Responding)

R

Reimonenq

FableExplorer (Not Responding)

Ok... I just got Fable TLC today to play the game with the mods. My first mod that I installed today and played with was the "Power of Zeus" mod, which simply alters the number of tendrils on the lightning spell.

Excited with the idea of playing my favorite RPG with an even better set of enhancements, I then proceeded to download the "Spell Enhancement" mod, which tweaks all the spells to make them more powerful and also lowers the cost of all the skills to a single experience point.

Immediately after my attempt to load the mod package, FableExplorer stopped responding. I've tried everything I can think of. I've googled the problem and apparently I'm the only one ever to experience it. The possibility that my computer simply isn't good enough to run it has crossed my mind, but if MY computer can't run it, I don't see how anyone else's computers can.

I've reinstalled FableExplorer, reinstalled Fable, rebooted my computer, and just about any other simple solutions I can think of. Which is how I ended up here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score
Re: FableExplorer (Not Responding)

i had the same problem, do you use Vista?

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

VISTA SUX

GET XP

PROBLEMO SOLVED

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score

thats one way to put it lol, i fixed the problem somehow and i only have vista :ninja:
:(

R

Reimonenq

Devvnn Z Wizard;233437 said:
...do you use Vista?

Yes, actually I use Vista on that computer because it's much easier to find important files that would otherwise take me hours to search for.

JohnDoe;233497 said:
Did it just stop responding? No error?
That's not a problem, that means it's editing files and you need to wait for it to finish.

Yes, it just stops responding with no error. I forgot to add that that was one of the other simple solutions I tried.. I waited in excess of two hours for it to respond. Nothing.

W

wol-theripper

just let it load not responding or not i 2 have vista and it will fix it self trust me i had this problem also

R

Reimonenq

wol-theripper;233590 said:
just let it load not responding or not i 2 have vista and it will fix it self trust me i had this problem also

I already said I waited in excess of two hours. During that time I might add the CPU was running at 100%.

R

Reimonenq

JohnDoe;233546 said:
Now this is when you load a mod? Or when you open FE?
If this happens when you load a mod, then something is gumming up the works. It might be Vista related, in which case it specifically has to do with how FE reads and writes to the files, and whether or not it's reading/writing to Program Files or a virtual store. If you believe this may be happening, read this. I'm skeptical about this being the problem, but never having used Vista, I wouldn't know for sure.
I won't go into anything about if this happens when you open FE, since you have said otherwise.

Actually I've already read that thread, and downloaded a couple of the programs that were meant to help out in my situation. Still nothing.

And I should add that the program does stop responding for about 1-2 seconds when I open it up, but just loads up immediately after..

How do I know it's not just loading when I load a mod package? Well the pointer isn't animated, like it's supposed to be when it's loading. The pointer is frozen as well as FableExplorer.

But it doesn't freeze when I'm using the simple mod that just modifies the Lightning spell.

R

Reimonenq

Well, it does run well over 0% CPU usage... So I'm guessing that means that the ultimate problem here is a lack of patience?

A

AltairZero

This is kinda like the problem that I have with AlbionExplorer. Whenever I open it up though, it just says: "Unable to find Fable registry", which ****es me off.

R

Reimonenq

Ok.. So I've decided to just forget about those mods. Now I'm just going to do the simple spell mods and whatnot myself since they aren't too difficult.. and does anyone know the object name of Will Master's Elixer?

I appreciate the time and effort you've put into trying to help me fix the problem.