• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fables Lost Dragon’s

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Before you fought Jack of Blades as the final Boss there were other Dragons planned but they were sadly cut. Luckily a lot of information about them survived in the coding so we can get hints about what we could of faced when Fable was originally released.
Trogdor the Dragon.
A Dragon that was cut because the developers didn’t have the time to make him “Fun to Fight” and the game was nearing its release schedule. Trogdor has a lot of assets in the coding including animations. He looks a lot different to the Jack of Blades Dragon.
Kyris The Dragon Boss.
The original Dragon that you would have fought at Dragon Cliff. He was cut at an early stage and only a few textures of him remained in the coding. At some point you were also supposed to battle with him in the Arena. The Arena commentator in the coding had commentary announcing “In round 8 our Hero faces Kyris the Dragon. There were also camera angles for him written in the coding.
As a Fable 4 is now on the cards I wondered if anyone would like a return of these magnificent beasts or preferred something completely different.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think Dragons and the like would be a great addition as they can be varied in many ways with types and attack styles and such and present an interesting challenge to players. Always liked going against them in Skyrim and the early encounters were fantastic and challenging.

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I definitely agree, Skyrim’s really impressed with its large Dragon battles. The Jack of Blades Dragon was a slight disappointment but mostly because you were so overpowered at the end of the game. I much preferred the battle with Kyris at Dragons Cliff when you will supposed to use the old forts defences to aid you. I really would love to see the return of big bosses back in Fable and definitely a return of Dragon’s.

Hiroz41

Reaction score
yeah me too it will be a good add on

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
It's an old thread but since it's been necro'd, Silverback of the modding community and others worked on porting and implementing Kyris to TLC... 12 years ago, and with limited success. I've been looking into it to see what I can do, but it's a distant side project at the moment.

Hiroz41

Reaction score
yeah I know because I read it when I tried to mod the game and to play more

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I’ve also read hints from the original creative team that at one point there was also supposed to be a third Dragon but I can’t find anything in the coding or textures for it if there was. Its possible that work on it was completely deleted or that it was cut at a very early stage unfortunately. May be someone else has found something more?.

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
I’ve also read hints from the original creative team that at one point there was also supposed to be a third Dragon but I can’t find anything in the coding or textures for it if there was. Its possible that work on it was completely deleted or that it was cut at a very early stage unfortunately. May be someone else has found something more?.
Two textures exist for a third dragon in the original Fable data iirc. Probably bump maps, a lot of those hanging around unused.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
It’s so hard to imagine that the original Fable had so much cut content. I find something new that surprises me hiding in the coding everyday almost. I’m so glad that there are some remnants of the third Dragon somewhere buried in those games files though. I have done plenty threads on here before about some of these lost creatures, Spells, quests but the mysteries of a third Dragon has always eluded me. Thank you VinDiesel.

Hiroz41

Reaction score
Yeah I know

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
Kyris sadly has a broken mesh and anim, someone should try to fit his texture on JOB dragon. Wouldn't look as good as he should though as his model is very different, but maybe JOB dragon could be re-meshed to fit the Kyris's textures instead of the other way around? This may just still give us a broken animation

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
Kyris sadly has a broken mesh and anim, someone should try to fit his texture on JOB dragon. Wouldn't look as good as he should though as his model is very different, but maybe JOB dragon could be re-meshed to fit the Kyris's textures instead of the other way around? This may just still give us a broken animation
I looked at this. It's almost 2020. The software and plugins required to do any work on this no longer exists. Truly heartbreaking.

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
Actually there are ways to model and stuff, 3ds max with .x importer exporter I've been working on a huge mod and I use custom landscapes. The animations are where we're stuck

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
Actually there are ways to model and stuff, 3ds max with .x importer exporter I've been working on a huge mod and I use custom landscapes. The animations are where we're stuck

Hey if you've got a copy of 3ds Max 8 and the compatible mofo Xporter I'd like to hit you up. That'd be enough to motivate me to get into Fable modding again. My retail discs don't work anymore and Autodesk stopped supporting my version a million years ago. They want to sell me the latest release but there aren't plugins that work with FableExplorer's model exports.

Camo Unleash

Reaction score
and I'm here looking for how to solve a bug at the end of the game because I can't fight with jack in his dragon form

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
and I'm here looking for how to solve a bug at the end of the game because I can't fight with jack in his dragon form

Can you be more specific with the details of the bug? Is something not triggering that should be?