• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guide: custom music in fable:TLC

C

Celtam

Guide: custom music in fable:TLC

Ok, heres a guide for all people who want to have their own music in fable. You need to be willing to download some stuff for this to work guys.

First off, back up the file c/programs files/microsoft games/fable/data/sound, now if anything goes wrong, you can move the files back in.

There are 3 types of files in this folder, .OGG, .LUG and .MET

rule 1: DO NOT mod the .met files, this will cause the music not to work and possibly the game to crash. Same goes with .LUG files.

The one file type you can mod is .OGG files, but you will need to allow your windows media player to play OGG vorbis files, so you know what music you are modding, Vorbis.com is where you can install that.

second, convert your music to the OGG vorbis format, you can do this using the bonkencoder, which is found here: The BonkEnc Project - BonkEnc Home
After this is done you rename the new music file to the exact name of the file you want replaced, for example, BOWERSTONE, and drag it in. Itll ask you if you want to replace the file, you click yes.

And there you go, you now have your own music for Fable: The lost chapters. Enjoy :)

A big thanks to Marcopolo, Albion Knight and morerunes for helping me figure out how to do this and helping me take my first baby steps into the world of modding fable :D

Celtam

S

skaterryan17

Re: Guide: custom music in fable:TLC

Kool guide thanks man.