• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help! Oakvale is crashing!

A

Azrooh

Help! Oakvale is crashing!

Edit2: Reinstalling didn't work...Great...
Edit3: It DOES work! Albion\Fable Explorer just doesn't think it does...I'll reinstall them too.

Blah! I was messing around with shopkeepers, trying to get them to work, and...I never made backups. :blush:... Anybody know what might be causing it? I changed the iron longsword into a gravity hammer, and changed everything back, but then I hit 'add', and the number canged from '75' to '76', but I can't find whatever I added. I bring pictures, can anyone help me, or will I need to reinstall and re-download all my mods?

PICTURE 1:

Blegh.jpg

Looks like there's no data here...This might be what happened when I clicked add, and may be causing the crash. Any thoughts?

Blegh2.jpg

Shows the number changed to 76 and another thing that looks like it has no data.

If you have any ideas, please respond! I havn't accumulated very many mods, but re-downloading them all would be a pain.

EDIT: Put spoiler tags on the images.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Re: Help! Oakvale is crashing!

Azrooh;167640 said:
Edit2: Reinstalling didn't work...Great...
Edit3: It DOES work! Albion\Fable Explorer just doesn't think it does...I'll reinstall them too.

Blah! I was messing around with shopkeepers, trying to get them to work, and...I never made backups. :blush:... Anybody know what might be causing it? I changed the iron longsword into a gravity hammer, and changed everything back, but then I hit 'add', and the number canged from '75' to '76', but I can't find whatever I added. I bring pictures, can anyone help me, or will I need to reinstall and re-download all my mods?

PICTURE 1:

Blegh.jpg

Looks like there's no data here...This might be what happened when I clicked add, and may be causing the crash. Any thoughts?

Blegh2.jpg

Shows the number changed to 76 and another thing that looks like it has no data.

If you have any ideas, please respond! I havn't accumulated very many mods, but re-downloading them all would be a pain.

EDIT: Put spoiler tags on the images.

When you reinstalled the game did you make sure to delete the folder fable the lost chapters in microsoft game because that stays there when you uninstall it you know so that when you uninstall it and reinstall it it'll just take away your saved games

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

James Butts;167707 said:
When you reinstalled the game did you make sure to delete the folder fable the lost chapters in microsoft game because that stays there when you uninstall it you know so that when you uninstall it and reinstall it it'll just take away your saved games
Uh, No. There's an option at the end of uninstallation that ASKS you if you want to keep or remove your saved games. Reinstalling resets the game.bin files and everything else. Why would it just take away your saved games? o_O

A

Azrooh

Ah, well thanks all. I got everything working again and forgot to post that here...

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;167740 said:
Uh, No. There's an option at the end of uninstallation that ASKS you if you want to keep or remove your saved games. Reinstalling resets the game.bin files and everything else. Why would it just take away your saved games? o_O

It never reset any of my files so exuse me for trying to help