• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help

M

Mod Fanatic

Help

How do you change the look of your swords, and add cool effects to it like that bereaver with all the electricity around it?:hmm:
*Edit* Oh, and how do you shoot weapons/creatures from the bow?

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: Help

As for your first question, what do you mean? Change the color, or the model?

As for your second question:
How to change an effect on a weapon.
1. Make a backup of the game.bin

2. Start Fable Explorer (get it here).

3. Look for OBJECT in the scrollbar to your left.

4. Double-click OBJECT and scroll down until you find the weapon you want to change and double-click it.

5. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and click on 'CDefs'.

6. Find 'CWeaponDef' in the right panel, and click on the first link below it; 'Links to (GameBINENtryID):'.

7. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and click on 'CWeaponDef Particles' in the list.

8. In the panel on the right you'll see two '(int)Flourish Effect' with numbers next to it. Those numbers are the ID's of the effect in the 'effects.big'. (Double-click on the 'effects.big' in the top-left panel in Fable Explorer and on the [+] next to PARTICLE_MAIN_PC to explore the effects and their ID's.)

9. Change the numbers to change the effect (example: 773 is augment_fire_lightning_sword_01). I'd recommend changing both entry's to the same effect.

10. Click 'Apply Changes' in the 'CWeaponDef' window.

11. In the top bar in Fable Explorer, click 'Actions' and 'Save mods and run Fable'

12. Wait till Fable starts.

Important:
The effect isn't permanent, it only shows up if you have a flourish 'active'.

Also: Be careful with the effects you try, some WILL crash Fable.

I believe you can also use this method for other effects on weapons, you'll find those in the 'CSpecialEffectsDef' in the 'CDefs' listing.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

If you want o change the colour, use a texture editor such as Gimp. As for the making of new weapons you will need a mesh editor.

M

Mod Fanatic

Where do you get 'Gimp' and a MESH editor? :hmm:

OldBoy

Reaction score

The Gimp here,
Paint.net here.

I'd go for paint.net for editing/creating textures, but that's a personel preference (although I use photoshop, but that's pretty expensive...).

As for a mesh editor, you'd need 3ds Max or Blender. But if you have no experience with that sort of stuff, I'd recommend starting by changing textures. If you've figured that out, you ould start thinking about changing a mesh.

M

Mod Fanatic

What do I do since I want to change the color of some of my hero's clothes...? Sorry, kinda new at this stuff...><

OldBoy

Reaction score

How to change a texture:

- Back up your 'textures.big' file (found in: \Fable\data\graphics\pc )
- Fire up FableExplorer (FE) and open textures.big.
- Find the texture you want to change
- Click 'save as' and save the texture as an .bmp (or something else)
- Open the texture with Paint.net (or a different program) and change it as you like.
- Save the changed texture as an .bmp again (or something else, as long as FE can read it of course)
- Now in FE in the window of the texture click 'open new'
- Click 'browse' and select the texture you changed.
- Click 'open' (make sure the import format is DXT1)
- Now in FE in the window of the texture change the 'Alpha' to 0.
- Click 'apply changes'
- Click 'Actions' and 'Save Mods and Run Fable'

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

yeah i know old post and stuff but is there anyway to enlarge the effects?

P

Patrik1011

hey do someone know the "the singing sword" is? if you know can you tell me how i get that flashing thing on the weapon? i have tried but it did not help.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Patrik1011;158468 said:
hey do someone know the "the singing sword" is? if you know can you tell me how i get that flashing thing on the weapon? i have tried but it did not help.

Didnt really understand the question but heres a thread about the Singing Sword:

http://forums.projectego.net/singing-sword-3913/

Only flashing thing id think of is the Sharpening Augmentation just maybe with the effects tweaked.

T

Tanro

The singing sword is FAKE unless someone made as a mod.

P

Patrik1011

I mean a mod look here: Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Objects => Weapon: Double Pack& you see that`s flashing i have download it but i can`t put tha lighting thing on it (have tried FE) and readed this :

"change the lightning augments in coaugementationdef to lightning level 4 (you should see it if you scroll down, lightning level 4 augs are located in the effects tab on the top), then you attach lightning augmentations to the weapon itself....the more u attach the stronger the lightning effect "
and now the question: how do i so it will glow all time long?? like in this movie :

YouTube - Fable - Singing Sword

P

Patrik1011

look here
2004783440533175840_rs.jpg

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

thats not the singing sword. That's the Bereaver.

P

Patrik1011

"it`s a mod" and it`s name is the singing sword. SO I TRIED TO TO THAT GLOWTHING BUT I JUST GLOWS LIKE THAT IN FLOURISH FOR ME!!!

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

OldBoy;89170 said:
As for your first question, what do you mean? Change the color, or the model?

As for your second question:
How to change an effect on a weapon.

Important:
The effect isn't permanent, it only shows up if you have a flourish 'active'.

Also: Be careful with the effects you try, some WILL crash Fable.

I believe you can also use this method for other effects on weapons, you'll find those in the 'CSpecialEffectsDef' in the 'CDefs' listing.
Dude! YOU SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF MOD LEGENDS! JESUS MAN! You Give Such Easy Instructions! I have just took Jacks Glow from the Sword Of Aeons & Placed it into the Avo's Tear! Now to the Sword Of Aeons! I hope this works because I will make lots of Effects For The Legendary Weapons!

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

Nevermind I changed it! I put the Flourish from Jack Of Blades with the Avo's Tear & the Fire Heart with the Sword Of Aeons! :D

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

I Love Fable! Dunno why STEAM hasnt brought Fable out on STEAM?