• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HoloLens

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Microsoft HoloLens
The premier device for Windows Holographic, Microsoft HoloLens is a cordless, self-contained, head-mounted Windows 10 computer that uses advanced sensors, a high-definition 3D optical head-mounted display using holographic lenses, and spatial sound to allow for augmented reality applications, with a natural user interface that the user interacts with through gaze, voice, and hand gestures. Codenamed "Project Baraboo," HoloLens had been in development for five years before its announcement in 2015, but was conceived earlier as the original pitch made in late 2007 for what would become the Kinect technology platform.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

Anyone else psyched for this?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Looks good and looks like its straight out of Iron Man, however I doubt it will be as seamless as the video suggests and like Kinect the conditions will have to be perfect for it otherwise issues start to surface.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. We'll have to wait and see. One of my biggest concerns is how still you have to keep your head in order for things to remain where the are in the augmented reality space.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's the accuracy and gesture interactions that cause me the most concern. If you are wishing you had a controller after 5mins then it renders the whole experience pointless.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
True. I think that like the Kinect it could end up augmenting rather than replacing the standard interface. If they paired it with a gyroscopic mouse that you held in you're hand that would eliminate your concern. Imagine if it were as simple as ball that you squeeze to click on what's in the center of your vision. If the eye tracking is as good as they say then you wouldn't even have to move your head. I think augment is the key.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If it even works half as well as the video showed then it could be great, could help many different working sectors and be quite handy but cant see it being a staple for gaming for some time.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Now we just sit and wait. Maybe they'll be something at PAX

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hopefully they take their time and dont rush it to market, there are a lot of competing products cropping up so it needs to be done right.