• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Do You Make Downloaded Expressions Work? (Sorry For Being A Pest :P)

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
How Do You Make Downloaded Expressions Work? (Sorry For Being A Pest :p)

Can someone tell me how to make Modded Expressions work because when I've downloaded Expressions & saved & ran them? They dont work? Does Albion Explorer only work for this? Because I've tried Downloading Albion Explorer & goddamn Kaspersky calls it Trojans & Quarantines It & when I've tried other Albion Explorer Downloads! It wont come up with the right thing or it says the file to extract is damaged or it just wont work!? I really want Albion Explorer to? Can somebody please Upload it somewhere & give me link! Because if anyone has it here & it works then it should work for me! If anyone helps me (Once Again) then thanks! :D

EDIT: I've wanted to say this for a very long time! :)

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Re: How Do You Make Downloaded Expressions Work? (Sorry For Being A Pest :p)

Oh come on 143 Views yet no help at all! :(

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: How Do You Make Downloaded Expressions Work? (Sorry For Being A Pest :p)

Disable your anti-virus while you are applying modifications to Fable. This could impact on the way that the tools you are using write the files. Make sure that you run with administrator privileges (right click->run as administrator in Windows Vista and 7) then apply the fmp packages through Fable Explorer and it should work.

PS: Make sure that the files are writable. Just right click->properties at the data folder and make sure they aren't read only. If this doesn't work then try to apply the same thing to all the files that Fable Explorer uses individually.

While you are new in Fable modifications, I suggest to read this thread which contains some useful resources about expressions too. Keep in mind though, new expressions mean to be playing mostly with the hero animations.

Another way of learning is to rename the fmp file to a big (example a.fmp -> a.big) and open the big file with Fable Explorer.

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
lol I think 2 days ago before you typed that up I logged out & then 2 days later you type something up & I've forgotten much about how to Mod Fable but it'll come back to me & the reason why I'm playing it again all of a sudden isnt just because its a good game its because I'm getting Fable III & I cant wait LOL! I've seen it & it looks epic! :D (P.S: I dont have Kaspersky anymore so it SHOULD work! Hopefully, Oh & TY for what ya told me!)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've been told to pass on that you need to spawn the expression in a chest.

If that means anything to you, then great. I, for one, have no idea what I'm typing about...

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Sorry for necromancing an old topic but thank you. I've learnt much over the months but I use the Store Trainer as help to gain these Expressions but thank you for your assistance both of you.

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Yeah but I can never seem to get Albion Explorer to work. So far I've managed to edit creature family generations & the reward system for object family so I've been doing pretty well for myself I hope. Hopefully one day I may be able to do Mods as well but hopefully I hope I'll be accepted as a Member again rather than that nutter I was last year, I change like the wind & when I change I always change into a better person which is something I've been told by my friends so this is why I've decided to start posting again besides helping others or trying to get help for myself. I thought last night when I looked at my previous posts on this topic & now I feel so stupid when I acted so... Eccentric? Never the less I'm more than paitent nowadays. Thanks for your help my friend. If you know of any new modifications coming out that I dont know about then if you wish you could tell me but I will understand if you dont want to say such over this topic since it'll then be off topic.

EDIT: Speaking of Expression problems you know Silverback's Expressions the drunk ones they work the sounds but the Animations wont follow through I thought it was meant to be like that but when I looked at his Video it showed Animations & on my game it dosent show Animations? Can anyone help with this please, info will be good but links will be invaluable, thanks in advance.