• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to wield just about anything.

Reaction score
How to wield just about anything.

Hi, I'm not very good at writign tutorials, and I couldn't find a tutorial for this written up, so I thought I'd write it myself, and if anyone could re-write this for me including pictures and stuff, that'd be great. Ok on to the tutorial.

If you've read droded's tutorials on how you can be your favourite rival character and how to make your own legendary weapon, you'll find this very easy.

Step 1:

Open up Fable Explorer, and scroll down to find OBJECT, double click it.

Step 2:

Look for the weapon you want to be your base weapon, for example if you have an iron longsword, look for that, it should look like IRON_LONGSWORD, then double click it.

Step 3:

A new window will open, click once on OBJECT in the new window, and wait for the stuff to load.

Step 4:

In the new information loaded on the right hand side, scroll down to find MESH_SWORD_IRON_1, there will be various text boxes with stuff like Model ID. Don't touch any of this yet.

Step 5:

In the top left hand corner, in the white box, double click graphics.big

Step 6:

Click the + sign in the new submenu on the left hand side, next to MBANK_ALLMESHES.

Step 7:

Now for the important part, choosing the item you want your sword to look like. For a a tryout before you try anything else, look for another sword like Sword of aeons so you can easily distinguish the change in your sword, the mesh your lookign for is called MESH_SWORD_OF_AEONS_01 ok once you found it, double click it.

Step 8:

Near the top there should be a box saying ID, copy and paste the number which is 7947. Once you've copied the number, look in the top right hand corner for the X, the one underneath the windows bar.

Step 9:

You should now be at your Iron Longsword window, (IF thats what you chose as your base weapon) Paste the number you copied earlier into the (int)Model ID box, which replaces 7959.

Step 10:

Click apply changes. then under the actions header at the top, click save mods and run fable. Once your in Fable wield your iron longsword and it should look like the Sword of aeons.

Step 11:

Now you know how to do it, you can change your weapon into something like a child for example, if you find the right mesh.

D

Dudemcguy

Re: How to wield just about anything.

Tom of Blades;171354 said:
Now you know how to do it, you can change your weapon into something like a child for example, if you find the right mesh.
Haha! Nice tut By the By.

dragon flames

the killer of bandits
Reaction score

Nice tut rep+ for u ;)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Unfortunately this doesn't work. If you decide to wield something living, or something too large then the game will glitch and you can't play. Sorry.

There are a few fun things to wield like the shovel or the fishing rod though. :lol:

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

droded;173315 said:
Unfortunately this doesn't work. If you decide to wield something living, or something too large then the game will glitch and you can't play. Sorry.

There are a few fun things to wield like the shovel or the fishing rod though. :lol:

What about chickens

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

no creatures, sorry

except for maybe the ghostly sword, never tried though