• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I know you get asked this all the time... but can someone help me out with something?

S

Shridder

I know you get asked this all the time... but can someone help me out with something?

Hi all, I'm new to the whole modding idea and I thought that I'd have a look at a couple of the ones already done on here to kinda help me understand how everything is working. There's alot of great tutorials and what appears to be some really awesome new weapons and such.

More to the point. I tried to use the Hellfire Reaver release on this site and for some reason it won't work... to make the troubleshooting easyer for anyone helping me out, the only thing I've done is Opened up FE and loaded the .fmp.

After that I made sure it was actually present in my list of objects and then hit 'Save mods and Run Fable'. Which I assume saves the changes to the actual .bin file. =S

however whenever I try this the FE stops responding.

I've tried to launch Fable with just 'Save mods and Run Fable' and it works fine, it only stalls when I add the Hellfire Reaver.

Any help would be valued. thanks for even reading this =S

Jasontated

Hail Satan dark lord & master.
Reaction score
Re: I know you get asked this all the time... but can someone help me out with someth

well how are you adding it to the game maybe you should just add a chest with AE (albion explore) and add the item to the chest

Jasontated

Reaction score
Re: I know you get asked this all the time... but can someone help me out with someth

to add a chest you have to open AE go to the map that you would like to add the chest to then to the left box on the maps window right click the top over all items file list name thing and go to wizard look in the guilds for more

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Shridder;160722 said:
Hi all, I'm new to the whole modding idea and I thought that I'd have a look at a couple of the ones already done on here to kinda help me understand how everything is working. There's alot of great tutorials and what appears to be some really awesome new weapons and such.

More to the point. I tried to use the Hellfire Reaver release on this site and for some reason it won't work... to make the troubleshooting easyer for anyone helping me out, the only thing I've done is Opened up FE and loaded the .fmp.

After that I made sure it was actually present in my list of objects and then hit 'Save mods and Run Fable'. Which I assume saves the changes to the actual .bin file. =S

however whenever I try this the FE stops responding.

I've tried to launch Fable with just 'Save mods and Run Fable' and it works fine, it only stalls when I add the Hellfire Reaver.

Any help would be valued. thanks for even reading this =S

Then you need to be a little more patient. Saving the mods, and running fable takes a little bit.

Jasontated;160755 said:
to add a chest you have to open AE go to the map that you would like to add the chest to then to the left box on the maps window right click the top over all items file list name thing and go to wizard look in the guilds for more
They can't add it in a chest if it's not in the Fable Explorer Object list. Which is what they're having trouble with.

S

Shridder

Wow. I guess i underestimated how long it takes to re-compile the .bin file. anyway, sorry for wasting your time. I knew it would be something stupid like that. anyway Thanks tonnes for your time and help.

T

Tanro

Yeah if your doing this for the first time it can take a long time for FE to launch Fable. But thanks for downloading my mod. If you have any more trouble with my mods PM me. Or messenger me via AIM or Yahoo

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Shridder;160988 said:
Wow. I guess i underestimated how long it takes to re-compile the .bin file. anyway, sorry for wasting your time. I knew it would be something stupid like that. anyway Thanks tonnes for your time and help.
Don't worry about it. That's what the forums are for. ^_^

Jasontated

Reaction score

= ) must have jumped to conclusions in my head or some thing idk i think it was late when i posted that

nope it was 4:00 i just have a messed up mind