• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there a way.....

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score
Is there a way.....

Is there a way to skip the childhood and guild training by modding? Because if i re-install fable to mod i don't want to have to go through all that again.....

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Is there a way.....

If you rush, the beginning only takes 7 minutes at most.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

still i is lazy...
and yes that lazy

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

no.

speed you must use. just rush though and dont care about items.

to bad its not on a save system like oblivion or fallout 3, in those games i just start a new game and get all the items at the begining. then i save right befor you leave and get a chance to edit your character. then when i wanna start a new game i select the caracter named "new game" and edit it the way i want and leave and start a new save. saves moocho time.

edit: actually, i dont know much about modding, it might be possible. ignor my "no".

jwc2200

Reaction score

I make a profile, do training, then save in slot 50. Then, when I want to play a different character, I start with save 50. For the first character I use slots 1-19, second I use slots 20-29, etc. If I go over 4 characters on that profile I could overwrite, but then that risks overwrite errors. If you do not have that kind of error you can overwrite, if so, 4 characters to a profile is better than 1.

Jason

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

ok theres no way... But what if someone sends me a save that is fres out of the guild i will be back to tell you the location of the saves

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

Very intriguing JohnDoe I must try this...

OldBoy

Reaction score

JohnDoe;278438 said:
If you need the story, there's no solidly known proven way. If you can live in sandbox Fable, open up the user.ini and prefix the
ActivateQuest("Gameflow");
line with // like so:
//ActivateQuest("Gameflow");
And you will spawn as an adult in the middle of Lookout Point, quests disabled so gameflow is broken at the start. I should also mention that you'll start with apprentice clothes, no experience, no weapons, no money, no spells (you would have the lightning spell at least by this point) and be pathetically weak. So this is usually accompanied with a chest spawn for basic gear and start up funds.

Now, there's a theory of doing the previously mentioned and manually activating the wasp quest (open the qst file in levels, find the quest, set it to true), and this would activate the quest, completing the quest could, in theory (an untested theory mind you), switch the flag for other quests and continue the gameflow from that point. But I haven't tried it, so wouldn't know. Do this at your own risk.

Hmm, when I disable gameflow, I start by default in the childhood version of oakvale.

[edit]
We missed a step: in the userst.ini, do the same thing with SetStartingHolySite("NOVStartHSP");