• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is winrar a must?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Is winrar a must?

As most of you probably know now, I'm gonna get into modding when I get TLC. And most of you also know that I don't have a clue what's going on.

My question is, as you can probably figure from the title, do I need winrar to mod successfully?

I've seen it around as I've been looking at guides. Also, can anyone link me to a tng converter? I had a look at §ephiroxa§'s spawn chest guide and the link is broken :blush:

+rep for any help :)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Is winrar a must?

WinRAR is a very handy program to have in general. You should definitely get it. I mod quite a few games and hang about their various modding communities and .rar files are the top choice when sharing mods and utilities, as well as general files on the Internet such as updates or whatnot.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Cool, +rep as promised :p

EDIT: I've downloaded winRAR, and it looks pretty cool.

Anyone link me to a tng converter? ;)

jwc2200

Reaction score

I had win.rar and it had a trial offer then you need to pay for it. Rather than pay for that I found a free program that handles .RAR files. I have used it since October and had no problems. Here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

OldBoy

Reaction score

jwc2200;279225 said:
I had win.rar and it had a trial offer then you need to pay for it. Rather than pay for that I found a free program that handles .RAR files. I have used it since October and had no problems. Here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

I'm with jwc2200 on this one. I've always used 7zip, and never had any problems with it. And it's free of course.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I've had my winRar like... forever. I've never had to pay for it.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Yeah, winrar is shareware (you have a trial version) that doesn't expire. So yeah, it does the trick just fine.
Still; in the case I prefer the opensource 7zip, but it's just a matter of taste I guess.