• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It's Not Fair!!!

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score
It's Not Fair!!!

My internet is going to be shut down anywhere from 1 to 2 months... its ****in me off... it also is making me sad. No more forums, no more projectego, no more gamespot, and worst of all no more awesome Tsuyu animated avatars.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: It's Not Fair!!!

Why is your service getting shut off?

D

Darg

Either way, there's always a way around it- go to a public library, borrow a computer for some... *ahem* research and there you go. It probably won't be that easy, but it's always an option.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, I agree, go to the library, and use theirs. Hope you have one near you. I'm also wondering, why are they shutting it off?:unsure:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

1-2 months??? Oh, man. How are you going to cope? :O

Seriously, I was lost without internet, back when AOL decided to stop working on my old computer. :(

J

Jack of Names

I feel bad for you man. :(
Your eLife will be ruined!

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

how can you survive? aww feel so bad for you :( internet is life :p

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i dont suppose you tried using a wireless reciever to connect to someone elses internet have you?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;179386 said:
1-2 months??? Oh, man. How are you going to cope? :O

Seriously, I was lost without internet, back when AOL decided to stop working on my old computer. :(

I remember that feeling with my crappy ADSL Orange internet that i always had problems and disconnections with... drove me insane. :getlost:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Man;179563 said:
i dont suppose you tried using a wireless reciever to connect to someone elses internet have you?
With their permission, of course... :sly:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Angel;179690 said:
With their permission, of course... :sly:
Yeah... IF they have it password-protected.:ninja:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

When I lived at my old place everyone was stealing internet off of everyone else :lol:

I was the only one with it protected so I was relatively safe but I felt sorry for those two doors down who had their connection used by about eight other houses...

J

Jack of Names

Angel;179716 said:
When I lived at my old place everyone was stealing internet off of everyone else :lol:

I was the only one with it protected so I was relatively safe but I felt sorry for those two doors down who had their connection used by about eight other houses...
I ****ing lol'ed.
+rep

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;179716 said:

What happens when other people use your connections? Is it a bad thing. Definitly have my own internet service, and we're not blocking anybody, from using ours. I haven't noticed anything different. I feel bad for those who can't afford the bill. Mine does'nt go through a phone, it's cable.:unsure:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

moonfever;179732 said:
What happens when other people use your connections? Is it a bad thing. Definitly have my own internet service, and we're not blocking anybody, from using ours. I haven't noticed anything different. I feel bad for those who can't afford the bill. Mine does'nt go through a phone, it's cable.:unsure:

If you have an unsecure wireless connection other people can leech your bandwidth and slow your connection down.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Everyone comments on how fast mine is, so maybe nobodies, doing that around me. I suppose if it slows down, I'd want to do something about it.
Thanks for the reply.:)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I see it like this: if you want internet either go to a library or cafe or pay for your own. Don't steal it off someone else. If the people I lived amongst stopped smoking, drinking and shooting up then they could afford their own broadband without thieving mine - we were all on the same income and if I could do it then so could they.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;179931 said:
I see it like this: if you want internet either go to a library or cafe or pay for your own. Don't steal it off someone else. If the people I lived amongst stopped smoking, drinking and shooting up then they could afford their own broadband without thieving mine - we were all on the same income and if I could do it then so could they.
Hadn't thought about all that. I agree with you 100%.:) me personally, I would go to the library, I have in the past, before I got my laptop.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i leech the internet. i dont really regret it, mostly because my neighbor never uses the internet, so its up for grabs. of course when he does use it, its all his, cause i dont get access to it. to me its a system of chacks and balances