• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just a WARNING!

C

Corrupt_hobb

Just a WARNING!

I recently broke my coveted Oblivion disc:(, I just wanted to remind everyone that your XBOX is supposed to be facing horizontally, for the slow people, that's this way___ And, make sure that nothing is obstructing the vents, because that is a sure way to the RROD. If your XBOX is standing up, the disc will wobble slightly every time it spins, thus hitting it against the laser, resulting in a scratched up, (though cool looking disc) Eventually, the disc will wobble against the laser and eventually break it, and the result for THAT is a new XBOX...(unless you have the warranty...)

SO...If you don't want to feel my pain,(25 bucks for a new oblivion disc...:() Heed this WARNING!

Just trying to reduce the casualties!

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Just a WARNING!

I know what you have been through I bought 5 copies of Oblivion 3 of them badly scraped and didn't work the other two worked but I traded them in because I was getting bored of them but I am putting my Xbox 360 horizontally because it seems to be far more silent

A

aeonbleu

that kind of thing happened to me with The Orange Box, i was playing Portal and all of a sudden it froze and my xbox made a crazy grinding sound, and when i ejected the disc tray, there was no disc.. shortly i found out that my disc had somehow found its way inside the xbox and i had to fish it out. made a huge scrape all around the disc, so needless to say, that was a lost cause, couldnt even repair it with my disc cleaner/grinder. but, the xbox was designed to sit vertically, so im going to wing it for now, i got an extended warrenty from microsoft because i was one of the unlucky ones with the Red Rings of Death.. xbox's solution to the Blue Screen of Death..

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

i feel for you...maybe it is for the better to just change the drive

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

My Xbox has always been standing, i got the RROD after over 2 years but its never ever damaged a disc. My disc tray broke and was a pain to open when there wasnt a disc in the tray but when i sent it to be repaired they fixed the tray too.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The cd/dvd-drive for our PC's are horizontal. Based on that, It just doesn't feel "right" to have my 360 standing upright like that, doesn't go well with how gravity works, I'd wager.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;191035 said:
The cd/dvd-drive for our PC's are horizontal. Based on that, It just doesn't feel "right" to have my 360 standing upright like that, doesn't go well with how gravity works, I'd wager.

If i had a bigger room id probably lie it down but the ventilation isnt as good when its on its side.

C

Corrupt_hobb

Hmmm....yeah, I'd had my Xbox for 8 months vertically, and I never broke a disc, until recently :(
If you examine the front closely while it is horizontal, you can see that it is supposed to be that way because the writing is facing the right way.

Oh yeah, and don't try to change the direction while it's on because it makes weird noises and breaks the discs

Lionheart

Reaction score

I have ine this way | and ive had no problems no slow down and perfect ventilation and my oblivion disc has never broken ;) sorry for your loss though dude :blush:

C

Corrupt_hobb

It's all right, things like this happen to me all the time:p

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Oh no. I hope mine doesn't do that again soon. It just happened to me, then Dark, and now you. I dread every time I turn my 360 on now.:unsure:

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and hope you like it here.:) Lots of new hellos, lately.:p

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

i wants a 360 so i's can has these problems too

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Corrupt_hobb;191090 said:
Oh yeah, and don't try to change the direction while it's on because it makes weird noises and breaks the discs

Yeah NEVER move it when its turned on with a disc in it otherwise it will chew up your discs.

J

Johnnycky94

So thats why Madden 08 keeps getting ****ed up!

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Warning!

Don't ever move the 360 while playing a game! If it is standing up, don't move it down. What ever game your playing COULD break...

Happen to me while playing Assassin's Creed. Now I can't see the intro movie. :(

Edit: I see it's already post above. Sorry for the repeat. I should have read every ones posts then re-ply.

I feel the 360 should always be down though. I don't know anyone around my neighborhood who has it upside-ed ( standing up ).

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

also, never change the position of the xbox while a disc is in it. even if its off.

A

aeonbleu

yeah, dont move the xbox while on or off. dont move it at all. leave it alone. period. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;191504 said:
also, never change the position of the xbox while a disc is in it. even if its off.

Its usually fine if the console is off and the disc isnt spinning but to be on the safe side remove the disc while moving it.