• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

love or hate moddin?

J

Jack-of-blunts

love or hate moddin?

well im bored so i thought id post some random crap question is:do u love or hate fable explrer?im comin dangerously close to hate since ive had to reinstall fable to amny times to count whats your status on it?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: love or hate moddin?

Well. Why would you hate fable explorer? If you altered something in the game, and it went wrong, then it's not the program's fault. it's yours for altering something.
I love fable explorer. I love that it gives you a chance to do something cool and great with one of your favorite video games. :unsure: I've had to reinstall fable countless times because I did something wrong. But I still like modding.

What problems are you having?

H

Hexadecimal

Thread moved to Modding Section ;)

F

fablefreak323

I'm having some trouble.. Fable Explorer ain't working for me.. Tried to make an awesome bow, then I tried to make aging go away and it crashed and won't let me back on.. AND ontop of that, it won't let me use my Arrowdodger's Bow of Fear (skorms bow) the way I modded it :'( help

H

HodgePodge

fablefreak323;102411 said:
I'm having some trouble.. Fable Explorer ain't working for me.. Tried to make an awesome bow, then I tried to make aging go away and it crashed and won't let me back on.. AND ontop of that, it won't let me use my Arrowdodger's Bow of Fear (skorms bow) the way I modded it :'( help

This is not the place to ask. Either go to FABLETLCMOD: Making our own destiny... and post a question, or make a new thread here.

And Jack of Blunts, before you even opened Fable Explorer, you should've made copies of all your game files. Yes, Fable Explorer can be hard to work with, and everyone's going to do something wrong in it. But having backups lets you fix the problem in about 30 sec, as opposed to 2 hrs...:rolleyes:

And so as not to be off topic, I love FE.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;102312 said:
Well. Why would you hate fable explorer? If you altered something in the game, and it went wrong, then it's not the program's fault. it's yours for altering something.
I love fable explorer. I love that it gives you a chance to do something cool and great with one of your favorite video games. :unsure: I've had to reinstall fable countless times because I did something wrong. But I still like modding.

Although i dont have Fable for PC or mod it myself i agree with everything you said. Modding gives the game a new lease of life and adds some interesting things to do when you have finished with the game. Its great to see what ideas people come up with and also great that people add things into the game that people wanted in the first place.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;102519 said:
Although i dont have Fable for PC or mod it myself i agree with everything you said. Modding gives the game a new lease of life and adds some interesting things to do when you have finished with the game. Its great to see what ideas people come up with and also great that people add things into the game that people wanted in the first place.

That's why a lot of games, well some I know of, release Campagn/Map/Level Editors for the fans enjoyment. As Nick from Starcraft II says "There is a desire among the players for software like our level editors, and we're really excited to see what they'll do with these tools."

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;102537 said:
That's why a lot of games, well some I know of, release Campagn/Map/Level Editors for the fans enjoyment. As Nick from Starcraft II says "There is a desire among the players for software like our level editors, and we're really excited to see what they'll do with these tools."

Yeah SDK's are a great thing to include in games, most now come with level editors/map makers and its great that a lot of companies are embracing the idea of modding and realising its potential. Quite afew companies were dead against it years ago and it was actually made illegal to mod certain companies games or change any of the content in their games and release a mod. Nice to see that view has mostly gone now and more companies are liking the idea and including better and more advanced tools for modders.