• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Man sues Sony after 1080p Killzone 'issue'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
images

It seems the ever pointless 1080p 60FPS 'issue' has taken a step further into the ridiculous...

California man sues Sony over Killzone Shadowfall

The lawsuit is being filed in Northern California by a man named Douglas Ladore. Ladore’s claim is simple: Sony advertised the PlayStation 4 launch title Killzone: Shadow Fall as running in 1080p resolution, but instead “used a shortcut that was supposed to provide ‘subjectively similar’ results," particularly in multiplayer.

Shadow Fall uses a horizontal interlace, with every other column of pixels generated using a temporal upscale - in effect, information from previously rendered frames is used to plug the gaps. The fact that few have actually noticed that any upscale at all is in place speaks to its quality, and we can almost certainly assume that this effect is not cheap from a computational perspective. However, at the same time it also confirms that a massive reduction in fill-rate isn't a guaranteed dead cert for hitting 60fps.

Such an explanation was not enough for Ladore, who is purportedly suing Sony Computer Entertainment for more than $5 million for false advertisement, amongst other charges.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
People really will sue for literally anything nowadays, no matter how stupid. I almost choked on my drink at the $5 million demand. Seriously? God, maybe I'll sue the company that made the table I keep stubbing my toe on.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Bet first question they ask is, Did you return the game for a refund?