• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marcus

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Marcus

I have had good ratings with my poems (on here myspace and vampirefreaks) and since I am writing a novel (IM ON PAGE 12 YAY!!)
I figured id see if you guys like this short story (note I am writing this as I go along so it wont be super awesome)

incident 1: wasps

Marcus ran as fast as he could not daring to brave the view he was leaving. He kept running, his heart pounding so hard it felt as though it was bursting his chest, he felt the wound on his back and analysed it as he ran: it was shallow and no venom had been injected, he would live. Marcus heard the scream of a woman behind him, he looked back and saw that all the people in the picnic area were trapped by a swarm of wasps, each of the winged insects was locking onto a target. He had to keep moving, he had to run away and get help! As Marcus left the picnic area he found a man in a familiar shirt though he couldnt place wha- he recognized it now, it was a apprentice shirt, he must be a hero! Marcus ran towards him, the Hero turned to face him "Help! Help!" Marcus yelled "At the picnic area, everyone is trapped, trapped by wasps!" this caught the Hero's attention "So many wasps..." Marcus began crying now thinking of his friends trapped there in that hell. The hero ran towards the picnic area sword in hand. And Marcus made his way towards Bowerstone, his hometown, his wife was a nurse she would heal his wounds. He told the gaurds of the wasps and they began to sound an alarm. Marcus entered Bowerstone south, the town rieked of sewage, but despite the smell it was a good town. There was many people in Bowerstone, the only ones he knew were his wife, a few coworkers and the tavern owner: James. Marcus made his way through the city hoping no one would notice his wound or his rush, as he opened the door to his home he realized something, his wife was gone! "How could I be so stupid?" he said to himself "She is out picking apples at the orchard!" and so he waited in solitude for his wife to return, potions were to expensive for him at the moment and the wound was not serious anyway. He overheard the comotion from the street and learned that the Hero he had warned somehow managed to rescue a few people and slay a wasp queen! he hoped that among the survivors were his friends: Jeremy and Arthur. But he would check later for now all he wanted was the loving care of his wife and some sleep to put the wasps behind him. little did he know what was to await him...

so whadya think? should i continue?

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Re: Marcus

Thats freaking awesome i wish i could write that good!! your like a god among writers!!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

not really... im flatteret though, just do these three steps and youll get better (mine was a mix of my moms talent and lots of practice):
1.Learn new words... find great words to describe items...

2.Constantly describe everything that is happening... but not too much, the only thing that should be vague is characters, to allow the reader to imagine themselves as the main character, not just a guy that they are reading about...

3.practice practice practice!!!!

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Sweet thanks well im gonna write more and more then hopfully ill be as good as you :D