• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain confirmed for Xbox One

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The-Phantom-Pain-Metal-Gear-solid-1.jpg
Hideo Kojima joined Microsoft's Don Mattrick on stage during its E3 conference to make the announcement that Metal Gear V is heading to Xbox One. They revealed it will feature open-world gameplay, real-time weather, various modes of transport, realistic passage of time, deeper stealth action, and dynamic CQC. The trailer gave us an insight into some characters that will feature including Quiet, a female sniper, Skullface, Emmerich, Ocelot, and Code Talker.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So what? It's going to be better on the PS4 anyway.

Hows that exactly? Genuine question as I dont see there being much difference these days with how close the consoles seem to be in specs & no Blu ray differences any more. Granted in the old days Metal Gear games didnt appear on Microsoft consoles and can see why MGS 4 would have been much better on PS3 if a 360 version had been released with it needing multiple discs on 360 (if being possible at all).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ugh. The titles go from worse to worse. At least you had the fellatio innuendo in that other one once.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ever since The Phantom Menace, I just can't take anything including the word phantom seriously. And as I said, the protagonist is pretty much named erect penis (Solid Snake. rly?) and then you have the audacity to call your game snake eater, as well.

Awesome.

Avagantimous

The eater of nipples.
Reaction score
Code Talker is probably going to be guiding Big Boss through the codec. But from what I saw this is probably going to be crap. Metal Gear Solid has NEVER been an "Open World" game. To me, it's like Assassin's Creed. So I'd watch this one closely if I were you. Games tend to fail what their not good at.

Avagantimous

The eater of nipples.
Reaction score
Metal Gear Solid will never be THAT bad

Well. So far they've made it awesome. But I'm not sure about this though. If you could speculate, what do you think about features being implemented to help with the open world? In reailty, to make a game that can work in an open-world enviroment you need to do more than add fantastic gameplay. More features, for example. This is abit of a side question; is Oceclote Netrual now? Or did he switch sides? I remember from Snake Eater he was just a teenager and led a Soviet Army and was after Big Boss just so they could have a showdown. In MGS1 my brother think's he was trying to help a Snake "clone". (not sure what he is on about here) And one last detail: Metal Gear Solid has so far been a Liner based type game.

Avagantimous

The eater of nipples.
Reaction score
Right. Is there a chance that MGS5 will be released on the Xbox 360? Or will I have to kill my parents' wallets to get an Xbox One?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Goodie goodie, saves me the urge of wanting to buy a PS4 anytime soon, and money of course.