• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mod Suggestion: Dual Weapons and Unarmed?

T

The Marxist

Mod Suggestion: Dual Weapons and Unarmed?

Hey I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post a mod suggestion as I have no modding or texturing skills what-so-ever so I'm counting on some other interested and skilled person to do the job...

I was thinking of a mod which enables players to weild two one handed weapons? or maybe model a pair of weapons as a 'two handed weapon' catagory? This also probably brings to mind throwing knives and javalins as ranged weapons, which all sounds abit far fetched but I'm hoping someone might be interested?

Another thing is the concept of an unarmed martial arts mod? Not just like the fist fighters club and stuff but real unarmed combat which enables your fists to do REAL damage and kill something. One way which could work is to create 'brass knuckle' kinds of weapons or punching gloves as two handed weapons, but with the normal fist fighting animation...

All this seems kind of far fetched, but at this stage I'm not skilled enough to progress this idea into the development stage... I'm sorry if I seem like a lazy *** who hope someone will do the rest of the work, but if the or (any) interested modder would like, I could come up with some concept art in the form of pictures or rotoscopy blueprints for texturing and modelling...

I'm hoping for any input on whats difficult or whats possible or what ideas need rethinking. Thaks so much for your time!

T

The Marxist

Re: Mod Suggestion: Dual Weapons and Unarmed?

oh yes I've seen that although they failed geting it to work properly (cant attack with both weapons)

but what I was suggesting was just creating a single 'weapon' with a dual appearance (and maybe animation) but it would still register as a two handed weapon...

as for the unarmed/brass knuckle combat has anyone tried anything like it?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Mod Suggestion: Dual Weapons and Unarmed?

I didn't FAIL to get it working properly. I got it working fine, except the hero doesn't have any animations for it. I don't see how that's my fault. :lol:

and Iunno about a weapon that LOOKS like it's two handed. :unsure: