• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modding on Mac OS

Rigat0n1

Reaction score
Modding on Mac OS

Hi,

I'm new. I'm french, so I can't speak english very well, I'm sorry.

I have Fable - The Lost Chapter on a mac. There isn't Fable Explorer on Mac so I use a PC to mod.
I put my data file on a USB key, and I launche FE on the PC.
But the first problem is that FE don't load anything, I have to load the .big and .bin files. Is that normal ?
The second problem is that I don't know what should I load in FE. I can mod a little by loading the names and game .bin files, but I don't know what are the others.
When you launche FE, what files appears in the box in the top right corner ?
The problem is that I can mod a little but I can't load .fmp files because I have to "set an instance of an object"...
What should I do to load FMP files ?

Please, if you can help me...
Thank you.

deama

Reaction score
Re: Modding on Mac OS

If you wanna load fmp files then click on files at the top corner on the left and then click on load fable mode package.

Rigat0n1

Reaction score

Yes, I know that... But when I do that, it says something I didn't understand. I'll check tomorrow and I'll show you the message.
Thank you very much for your support.

deama

Reaction score

Np and stuff ( lol cant say just Np cause of that character limit when you chat :) )

Rigat0n1

Reaction score

When I load a .fmp file, FE say "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"...

deama

Reaction score

Hmm I never got that error so I don't really know but have you tried reinstalling fable?
And what version of windows are you running fable on?

Rigat0n1

Reaction score

That's the problem : I run Fable on Mac OS. But I transfer the data folder on a USB key, and I launch Fable Explorer on a PC with Vista, and then I use the data files that I have on the USB key. It work ! I can mod a little bit (for example, my ghostly swords are Jack Of Blades...)

I found the problem : I can load some .fmp files, but not all of them. For example, I can't load the mods for Jack Of Blades clothes and the White Balverine Transformation mod.

deama

Reaction score

Why don't you just put the whole fable folder into your USB rather then the data folder?
See if that works...

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Or try putting the whole Fable - The Lost Chapters folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games then I should work. it also might be in a different format for mac, cuz mac is ghey like that.