• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modifing Spells

K

KingOI

Modifing Spells

I usually play as a will master and wanted to modify the spell abilities but there was very few post about it except for NeutronHInc's topic "Reducing Spell Experience Cost / Increasing Experience on Use"
http://forums.projectego.net/reducing-spell-experience-cost-increasing-experience-use-2324/
I will be updating this post for each speel as I learn what each variable does. Feel free to add to this page on your own. The first spell I messed with is "Multi Arrow".

Multi Arrow
[Changing the Number of Arrows Fired and Number of Times Able to Fire]
Step 1: In Fable Explorer, scroll down the list to "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW" and click on the plus sign and double click on "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW_DEF_INSTANCE"
Step1.jpg
Step 2: Double click on the item "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW_DEF" and scroll down till you see NumberArrowsLevel#. Change the variable to the number of arrows you want to be fired from the bow for each Level. NumberArrowsLevel1 for level one and so forth.
STEP2.jpg
Step 3: There are four "unknown" variables above the variables NumberArrowsLevel# that you changed in Step 2. The first "unknown" variable applies to Multi Arrow Level 1. The second "unknown" variable applies to Level 2 and so forth. If you leave these numbers alone, you will only have one shot of the Multi Arrow spell.(Depending on how high you set the number of arrows fired.) To change this, you need to set the total number of arrows spawned by one casting of the spell to the unknown variables. (This does not change the cost of the spell. I'm trying to figure how to do that now.) Ex: If you set NumberArrowsLevel3 to 25, and want to fire it 8 times without having to recast Multi Arrow, change the third unknown to 200 (8*(25 Arrows per shot)=200 total arrows per casting). This will cause you to now have a total of eight orbs floating around you after you cast this spell.
STEP3.jpg
Look at this picture to see the changed number of orbs.
4-6-200712.jpg

Here is a picture of it working:
4-6-20071.jpg
[Multi Arrow: Change the Amount of Damage for Each Arrow]
Step 1: In Fable Explorer, scroll down the list to "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW" and click on the plus sign and double click on "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW_DEF_INSTANCE"
Step1.jpg
Step 2: Double click on the item "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW_DEF" and scroll down to the bottom in the sub menu. Right above the last variable, you should see a box of an array called "D10FCE94-unknown", which has values (unit)Array=4, (float)unknown=.5, (float)unknown=.5, (float)unknown=.45, and (float)unknown=.5. As before, the first (float)unknown variable modifies Level 1 Multiarrow and so forth.
s1.jpg
Step 3: Let say you have a bow that normally does a max damage of 100 hit points. The default damage done for each arrow shot by Multi Arrow is (Level1: 50 hp for each bow, Level2: 50hp for each bow, Level3: 45hp...). In other words, the damage done by one arrow is the (float)unknown value multiplied by the damage the bow would have done if MultiArrow was not cast. (Ex. Bow does 146 hit points, NumberArrowsLevel1 set to 20, and the first (unit)unknown set to .8(80% damage)....The total damage = 146hp * (.8) * (20 arrows) = 2336 hit points.) Set these four number to how much damage you want to inflict. (.9 for 90%, 1.2 for 120%, 2 for 200%...).
s2.jpg
P.S. I know this is kind of confusing so just IM me and I might be able to clarify a few things for you.

[Multi Arrow: Change the Color and Intensity of the Glow on the Bow]
Step1.jpg
Step 2: Double click on the item "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ARROW_DEF" and scroll down in the sub menu until yo get to the first array box "B5A6BD46-unknown". These values correspond to colors. The first unit(unknown) is red. The second one is green. The third one is blue.The fourth is intensity. These values need to be integers and between 0 and 255. Use Paint to get an idea of what the color will look like.(Colors->Edit Colors...->Define Custom Colors>>)
s4.jpg
Before:
4-6-20075.jpg
After: (Red:0 Green:2 Blue:255 Intensity:255)
4-6-20079.jpg
Step 3: Above the array you have just change there is a unknown variable with the value 2.5. The variable applies to how far the glow extends from the bow. Look at the spoiler for clarification. Value was set to 40.
4-6-200710.jpg

Note: The last remaining variable in this submenu, which is right below "NumberArrowsLevel4" is sort of like a charge time for the orbs that fly around your character that tell you how many shots you have left. If you set this number high, additional orbs will be added after a large amount of time has passed. If you set it small all the orbs will be added very quickly and you will get a line of orbs floating around you like in the picture(variable was set to .1) If you set this to zero, all orbs will be added instantly and when you fire, they will all disappear.
4-6-200710-2.jpg

[Change the Arc and Attack Angle of the Arrows](Marcopolo)
Step 1: In Fable Explorer, go down to "Objects" and click the + sign. Scroll down until you get to the longbows, crossbows, and pumpcrossbow (ID 5529-5543) Double click on any of them. (I'll be using the Ebony Longbow) Click on "Object" that comes up in the menu.
arc1.jpg

Step 2: Scroll down until up get to "CWeaponDef" and click "Links to (GameBINEntryID). In the new window that comes up, click on "CWeaponDef". In the sub menu of that window scroll down about half way till you reach "99F8712A - Shot".
arc2.jpg

Step 3: Click "Links to (GameBINEntryID) SHOT ARROW SINGLE EBONY". Click Shot in the new window. In the sub menu, the second entry is "CThingMultiArrowShotDef". Click "Links to (GameBINEntryID)"
arc3.jpg

Step 4: Click ""CThingMultiArrowShotDef" in the new window. The second variable is called "Arc". Change this value to the are you want. The smaller the value the less the arc. The larger the value the bigger the arc.
arc5.jpg

Step 5: Scroll down to the float above "Weapon Trail Sprite Us." This value changes the angle the arrows can change while in flight. The smaller the number, the bigger the arc the arrows need to take to hit their target.(Most of the time the arrows will land behind the target) The bigger the number, the smaller the arc the arrows will take(most of the time the arrows will hit their target). You really only need to change this variable or "Arc" but it is fun to see arrows turn instantly after slightly missing the target as shown in the second picture.
arc6.jpg
4-7-20073.jpg

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Modifing Spells

Wow is all i can say gj!

+rep *doesnt let go of the rep*

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I kinda don't understand step 3 :unsure:

V

Vegeta

What i did was go to the 1st 2 steps then on the side where you double click to open all the stuff in the small window.. I just scrolled down and clicked "Arrow lvl 1" then changed the number.. etc

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Vegeta;78080 said:
What i did was go to the 1st 2 steps then on the side where you double click to open all the stuff in the small window.. I just scrolled down and clicked "Arrow lvl 1" then changed the number.. etc

I realize and see the Arrow Level. But in Step 3, he's changing the value of something else. And the way that paragraph is written is hard to explain. I'll wait for him to explain himself. :unsure:

V

Vegeta

Oh I think thats to reduce the cost because when I fired multi strike once (200 arrows) and the spell wore off immediately... so i think that what that explains how to do (reduce cost)...I didnt use it though...

K

KingOI

Yeah this is the first time I have written a tutorial so sorry for the confusion. I'll update the post after my Digital Logic test.
***EDIT***I have changed Step 3. Hopefully this explains it a little better.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nice little tutorial for a first +rep

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

KingOI;78125 said:
Yeah this is the first time I have written a tutorial so sorry for the confusion. I'll update the post after my Digital Logic test.
***EDIT***I have changed Step 3. Hopefully this explains it a little better.

Yeah I understand it a little better now. Thank you. :D

K

KingOI

I added how to change the damage done by MultiArrow.

M

Marcopolo

just want to add, there is another float in the shot i think it is, or the cspecialabilitydef that changes how far out the multiarrows bow outwards when shot, like you can make them all go straight at the targes or go very far outwards then come in from big angles to hit

K

KingOI

Marcopolo;78288 said:
just want to add, there is another float in the shot i think it is, or the cspecialabilitydef that changes how far out the multiarrows bow outwards when shot, like you can make them all go straight at the targes or go very far outwards then come in from big angles to hit

I was thinking that I would come across something like this when going through "SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MULTI_ ARROW_DEF_INSTANCE". I will try to find it and post it to the first post. Thanks for the info.

M

Marcopolo

it's not in the def instance

i think it is in specific shots, under the multiarrow controls for that specific thing

it should be labelled since i did some fo the testing for hunter for the fe xml and that was one of the things i found

OldBoy

Reaction score

This is good stuff. I say sticky! But maybe it's an idea to create a sub forum for the tutorials that have been written over time? Again: very usefull stuff.

K

KingOI

I do not want it stickied until I get at least three spells up. Also I do not know how to create a sub forum (even if I have the option to do it, which i doubt).

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Stickied simply means it stays on the first page. You can still edit it, so I don't see why you wouldn't want it stickied right now, as for the sub forum, no you don't have the power

K

KingOI

But then it would not live up to the thread's title

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

I should probably go in and add the labels for that stuff in the xml. :D