• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mods for fable not so good?

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
Mods for fable not so good?

I have played oblivion for a while and there mods can make a hole new game with more quests, more dialouge, more weapons (new textures designs etc) New houses new races everything they can make it a brand new game..

The mods Ive seen for fable arent that good... Theres a redone harbringer... which I saw on here... It's black with blue will user striped... (No offense).

I havent seen 1 decent mod yet...

No Offense to anyone in the modding community just seems a little... plain...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Mods for fable not so good?

Well you have to remember Oblivion was developed with modding in mind. It was intended to be modded, so they released the editor with it. That makes it Uber easy to mod. Fable on the other hand, wasn't and all the mods come from painstakenly cracked code (and eventually Fable Explorer, which I believe is a community based project, not endorsed by Lionhead).

But yeah, Oblivion was made to me modded.

But I'm usually wrong about these things...

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

your probably right but theres really no point in modding this game then... it's not worth the trouble to put it on the game really =/.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Well, while I don't use mods for Fable (as I haven't played it in awhile. I know shame, shame) The Freeroam App is supposed to be good. Same as alot of the weapons that users made. Mods don't usually add much depth to the game, but some do, and the people who make these mods should be given a pat on the back for their hard work to make the game better.

Oh yeah and Fable 2 will come with an editor, from the looks of this http://forums.projectego.net/tools-lionhead-6447/

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

There's a complete set of Giant weapons. New Weapons, New armor, Other Hero's Armor, You can Change your Mesh, there's Marco's Giant Mushroom World Mod, the Balverine Hero Mod. the list goes on. o_O I don't see how they're not so good. I think the people who made them are very talented and the mods that include new Drinks and Potions add a lot to the game.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

I see what you are saying but that doesnt seem to add much more to the game... Maybe Im just comparing the mods from oblivion to fable to much...

I like some of the mods but none of them really satisfy me.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

They're not really comparable, since Oblivion was made about three or so years after Fable, and technology can go a long way in three years

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

They were seriously that many years apart? =o

Didn't know that.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Well, two and a half years

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

I see, anyways I think mods really help the game, after you beat it nothing else to do, dload mods :), really helps occupy you until the next game, theres always other games but... I dont care =p.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah as Arseface said Oblivion was created with modding in mind and the developers actually released a Mod Kit with Oblivion to help modders. As Markie also said the modders who made these mods are very talented people as it was much much harder to make mods for Fable and most the programs used to mod for Fable were designed by the modders themselves. Lionhead have now learned how much the modding community can add to the game and how much modding adds to the games lifespan. So as they said Fable 2 will ship with a mod kit and tools to help modders this time. Also yeah Fable was released years before Oblivion so the technology used was far more advanced and they had more tools to play with that were actually coded to help.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

don't forget my new consumables and fable: bare and fable: conquest and GWP and conquest v2 =]

T

Tanro

Hey, I know that fable 2 has been confirmed as a 360 exclusive at release. So do you guys think the mod tool information still applys.