• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Multiple different topics, need answers please

B

belozero

Multiple different topics, need answers please

First things first, i have just downloaded Cbox and i got a lil problem... theres nothing in it... i really dont know how to be more descriptive, there is literally not a single file in it.

Cboxerror.jpg

That is the error i get when i try and do, well, basically anything. when i open it, it pops up. i press continue and Cbox opens but with nothing in it.

Cboxemptiness.jpg

i can open the dropdown bars on the toolbar in the top but if i click anything in them, pic #1 pops up. then i get fed up with trying random stuff to make it work so i close it out and the error freaking pops up again. i have no idea whats wrong. can somebody please help?

UPDATE- for some reason, my freeroam stopped working the first time i played after firts opening Cbox. i dunno if this is related at all or just coinsidence.
_________________________​

Well my 2nd question is this: there are a million different items/animations/etc. files in FE, is there a faster way to find what i'm looking for? i know theres a little search bar when you go to change the projectile in a bow (just a random example) can i get that search bar to pop up at any time? it'd save me tons of time when i'm looking for one texture i want to edit, or changing the slightest stat on my hero.​

Thanks for all the help guys! i love this site and the people on here are really helpful! :D Glad to be a part of it [though i'm more of a rusty old gear in a new piece of machinery]​

BTW when replying please put a 1 or a 2 before your answers so i know which one youre talking about​

A

Arogones

Re: Multiple different topics, need answers please

Personally i just still use all 3 different things...I thought Cbox was just a waste of time if you already had the others dled

B

belozero

I really have no idea what you were just talking about... thanks anyways...? ^_^

B

belozero

I don't get it. I did everything you told me to do and i'm still getting that same stupid error. FE and AE work just fine and freeroam worked before i ran Cbox [which doesn't make sense why it would stop working in the first place] :wacko: is there anything i need to do to the ChocolateBox.ini file for Cbox? when i opened it it said something like
[Settings]

FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
;MyPath = G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters

I thought changing ";MyPath = G" to "C" might have had something to do with it but i changed it and nothing new happened. any more advice?

I'm thinking about totally deleting FE, AE, FreeRoam, Cbox, and uninstalling-reinstalling fable, then start with Cbox and just work my way back up. in fact, do i even need AE and FE now that i have Cbox or are there still functions that Cbox cant perform that FE/AE can? Thanks for all your help JohnDoe

B

belozero

well i dont know if this is exactly what you were asking for but it might help.
MyOSSpecs1.jpg

not exactly great for games (i cant even play oblivion :realmad: ) but fable TLC runs just fine.

BTW i did get rid of all my files and fable is re-installing right now. i'm gonna go back and download all the programs again but i'm doing Cbox first just in case i screwed something up the 1st time​