• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My modding questions.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
My modding questions.

When I make my character invincible (CREATURE > CREATURE_HERO > DAMAGEABLE > 0 or whatever) he still takes damage, how can I fix this?

In AE, when I add a chest to a map (Use the wizard to change a bodyguard) it doesn't spawn in the top right hand corner. I've followed all of Sephi's instructions but it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to locate your fmp objects without having to look through the list?

Also, when I load OldBoy's summon summoner fmp a summoner wont appear in the picnic area. Is this because that little perk isn't included in the freeroam app version?

Sorry for asking here, but I had a few questions so I thought I'd add it to this thread.

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: My modding questions.

When I make my character invincible (CREATURE > CREATURE_HERO > DAMAGEABLE > 0 or whatever) he still takes damage, how can I fix this?

I just tried this. My hero can be hit, but he isn't taking damage to his health bar. If you are losing health, maybe you did not hit Apply Changes.

In AE, when I add a chest to a map (Use the wizard to change a bodyguard) it doesn't spawn in the top right hand corner. I've followed all of Sephi's instructions but it still doesn't work.

You need to scroll in kinda close to see it. If that isn't it, are you in the right section? You need to be in NULL, not one of the quest sections.

Hopefully someone else will help with the other questions, and maybe these if I haven't helped.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

You are being helpful, thanks a lot. but my problem is with the zooming, if I zoom in too far then the top right of the screen can't be seen so I cant move the chest once I put it down. I managed it on the picnic area, then saved and everything and went onto fable, went to the area and it was nowhere to be seen. I use freeroam but I dunno if that affects it.

But +rep, thanks.

Oh yeah one last question. Say I wanna do some modding before I turn off my laptop, can I just click apply changes when I'm done or do I have to Save and Run Fable?

jwc2200

Reaction score

When you zoom in you can also slide the view from side to side,up and down. I do it with the middle mouse button, hold it down and move around. There is probably a way to do it if you don't have MMB, check the read me.

For your picnic area problem, open AE right click the object and check To Ground. If the chest is in the air it will fall, but if it is deep enough under ground it may not rise. Some folks will say it rises or falls no matter what, but I have had things stay underground. That may be the problem.

You need to Save and Run for changes to take effect.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Nice, I'll give it a go. +Rep once more :)

I'm also uploading a video of my problem onto youtube of which I'll post the link when it has finished.

EDIT: I tried the On Ground thing, it didn't work. Any other ideas?

P.s Thanks for telling me how to move around the mini map.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mtDivr_tss

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Aye, Jason helped me with that one.

My problem now is that when I spawn anything, it isn't there when I go in-game. I follow Sephi's guide to a T.

I've tried a JoB Bodyguard and a Chest in the picnic area.

EDIT: I cant find the relevant post, but you're a legend. The chest spawned :D

How do I go about spawning a bodyguard? The same thing I guess.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I follow the guide but when I save + run fable it crashes when I go to the spawn place.

(I use Guild exterior, the coordinates from your chest spawn guide and that's about it really)