• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oculus Rift Preorders open

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
OculusRift.jpg

Oculus Rift preorders are now available to purchase. Many are upset at the price tag of 600$ when it was stated it would cost in the ballpark of 300-400. The preorder also comes with some game downloads and an xbox one controller. It is a very powerful gadget you'd need a higher end pc to even use it. Alot of games are supported like Crysis 3 and Minecraft.​

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The price will put most off, combined with cost of upgrading their rigs to even run it.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The price will put most off, combined with cost of upgrading their rigs to even run it.
Early adoption for new tech has always been steep, I'm glad however that this device is seeming to be the real deal with alot of love and thought going into it. I just use my Kinect for Skype calls so we'll have to see what the true potential of VR will be. Im also pleasantly surprised that large end titles can be supported, I was told that the amount of memory it would take to process the rift would mean only less demanding games could be played.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Early adoption for new tech has always been steep, I'm glad however that this device is seeming to be the real deal with alot of love and thought going into it. I just use my Kinect for Skype calls so we'll have to see what the true potential of VR will be. Im also pleasantly surprised that large end titles can be supported, I was told that the amount of memory it would take to process the rift would mean only less demanding games could be played.

I even removed my Kinect and its boxed back up as I never used it besides maybe the odd voice command here and there.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I even removed my Kinect and its boxed back up as I never used it besides maybe the odd voice command here and there.
Whats interesting is the elite controller priced at 150$ sold like hotcakes. Microsoft didn't make nearly enough to meet demand. I'm quite soft spoken and I feel weird when I have to raise my voice at the tv. Hearing talk they are going to release a slimmer version of the one, what they should do is make a version of windows compatible that would be a game changer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Whats interesting is the elite controller priced at 150$ sold like hotcakes. Microsoft didn't make nearly enough to meet demand. I'm quite soft spoken and I feel weird when I have to raise my voice at the tv. Hearing talk they are going to release a slimmer version of the one, what they should do is make a version of windows compatible that would be a game changer.

People like being able to customise things, I mean keyboards and mice with customisable light schemes and sensitivity etc based on what games you are playing sell well too. I have a Razer Deathadder Chroma myself and feels good to have that control of custom setups. Though no way would I pay that amount for a console controller. Windows 10 IS coming to Xbox One at some point.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
People like being able to customise things, I mean keyboards and mice with customisable light schemes and sensitivity etc based on what games you are playing sell well too. I have a Razer Deathadder Chroma myself and feels good to have that control of custom setups. Though no way would I pay that amount for a console controller. Windows 10 IS coming to Xbox One at some point.
If it came with rapid fire like the old custom 360 controllers then hell yeah I would, otherwise it's really hard to improve upon the controller it's the best controller ever made really.I knew cross play was coming with Fable Legends but not that, that is really awesome.

My friends all use and highly recommend the Razor Naga, with the extra button mapping in many and most games you don't even have to lift a finger. I've seen my friend play Wow and Swtor without even using the keyboard.
images

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The Naga is a nice mouse but was a little square for my liking and there were too many buttons for me to accidentally hit on that one. I preferred the more minimalist look and 2 extra buttons is enough for me on the side. Cross Play and ability to stream from XB1 to any windows 10 device is handy too, I use it to stream to my PC all the time.

chroma-hero-970-80.jpg