• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMG F***ing nice bug!

X

Xeon

OMG F***ing nice bug!

after a few months away from fable I decided that it was about time to start ye old game up again, and off course I wouldn' settle for the normal weapons and armor since I completed this game the first time back in 2005 or something. So anyways I had put some new weapons into the game such as, nostro's sword, the minion sword/bow and I was ready to explore, I arrived at twinblades camp, hacked me through a few bandits and entered his room. Upon entering I noticed something strange; twin blade was missing his right hand sword! Didn't think much about it untill I had defeated him and was looting his treasures and it's here the strange part comes: I opened a chest, the chest contained 500 gold pieces or something, after pressing the mouse button a shiny object flew up in the air and landed on the open chest, guess what?? It was twin blades other sword!! Note that I never brought twin blades sword into the game myself.....EVAR!

Can somene explain this or has it happened to anyone else? I have no idea if it's a moding thing or a 100,000,000:1 chance, I know that regular bandits can drop their weapons but ye old twinnie also seemed to fight with just one hand.

EDIT: Well Twinnies sword was just the first, the 2 quests after on my way to knothole a undead dropped his sword.

Another thing about the previous drop, the sword didn't do any damage and only had one hit animation

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
Re: OMG F***ing nice bug!

id stop messin with the game in the first place lol why cant you just play it normally after all you cant play the same game twice on it

X

Xeon

Skormsarrow;174322 said:
id stop messin with the game in the first place lol why cant you just play it normally after all you cant play the same game twice on it

try completing it 200 times and you'll see

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Xeon;174324 said:

im a walkin talking thottbot of fable lol but im on xbox360 playin, but even if i was on pc i wouldnt screw with it its fine how it is

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Xeon;174324 said:

im a walkin talking thottbot of fable lol but im on xbox360 playin, but even if i was on pc i wouldnt screw with it its fine how it is

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

ops double post my bad

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

There is an edit function you know. Now you've gone and triple posted. *shakes head*

On topic, sounds like a pretty cool bug, I've never heard of it before though.

And who cares if he modded? It's his game, it's his perogative. Stop *****ing!

X

Xeon

Arseface;174338 said:
There is an edit function you know. Now you've gone and triple posted. *shakes head*

On topic, sounds like a pretty cool bug, I've never heard of it before though.

And who cares if he modded? It's his game, it's his perogative. Stop *****ing!
¨
Yeah by now 6 weapons have dropped so far none of them is buyable through any shop or quest :)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Unfortunately Mr. Arrow, Modding with the game is not a bad thing unless it is your first time playing it. If you have not completed the game at all and use mods to help you, I see that as cheating and is quite wrong. Modding the game after completing it however is much better, and is seen as enhancing your Fable experience.^_^

I do respect your opinion though, and I can see where you are coming from.

Oh, and no this bug has not happened to me but it is unusually good. ;)

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Apart from the fact that the weapon does no damage.... :(

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well actually, Twinblade's weapons are known for not being able to do damage no matter how you edit the stats in FE. The Mesh of the weapon is the problem, and you need to edit that if you want to use it.

Not worth the time and effort if you ask me.^_^

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, aren't they similar looking to the beriever or something? Why not just make that a one handed sword?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah that's exactly what I did, the Bereaver just looks so awesome as a One-Handed-Sword as well.:lol:

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

somebody made a patch for twinblade's patch already

X

Xeon

Current status on the weapon bug: everytime I knock someone down or kill them they drop all the their weapons, this has resulted in some funny fights such as undeads being unable to do me any damage at all, I think im gonna go do the arena again and make a screenie of 10 unarmed undeads trying to rape me. :D