• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One more question: Chest Spawn w/o Freeroam?

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score
One more question: Chest Spawn w/o Freeroam?

I'm not sure if it's my failboat computer or user error (though I'm leaning toward the latter, but I can't find out what I did wrong) but so far I'm pretty sure Freeroam is what's been causing the random crashes I've been having in Fable. I've started from a completely clean uninstall and reinstall, now all I'm wondering before I actually start trying to play again is if there's a way to spawn chests without using Freeroam. I have the code for the chest already set up, backpacking off of a few other code examples I've seen on this forum and by looking at individual TNGs, but I don't know whether I can even incorporate the TNG or how to do it. Of course, I could always use the GWAS Mod chest from Morerunes, but I don't know how to mod that one to include the list of items I want or the location I want. Is there a program that allows bare text editing of the FMPs? Or is there another method I can't find on the forums?

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score
Re: One more question: Chest Spawn w/o Freeroam?

Alright, thanks, I'll look into that. I doubt I'll be using Freeroam anytime soon anyway (probably when I get a better computer, but not on this one) Thanks for all the help though dude +rep ^_^

EDIT: Meh, sorry, but I can't seem to figure out how to export the location and allow for editing. Can anyone help me out with a little instruction? I tried the export function, but that didn't work, I got gibberish (probably mistranslated binary or something) I've done a recompiling of the FinalAlbion.wad, but I don't know what else to try (set the STB on my desktop for now, since I don't know what I'm doing)