• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

please help

warischoy

Reaction score
please help

my fe crashes my fable tlc. when i save mods and run fable fable crashes. i run vista and the freeroam didn't work on my computer. when fable loads half way it saids that fable tlc is not working and checking for problem solution. please help me.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
Re: please help

read EVERY SINGLE THREAD that johndoe and darkened soul have ever written on vista really helps and try running FE as a administrator (right click) then without doing anything click save mods and run fable as it temporarily grants you ownership of a file (stops the .fmp screwin up)

warischoy

Reaction score

thanks a lot. i was addicted to fable tlc and always wanted to mod since. it never worked for me before but then i was a member of this site and magic my questions are answered.

warischoy

Reaction score

IT WORKED! RUN IN AMIN MODE WORKS BUT I DON'T REALLY WANT TO SET UP FREE ROAM JUST YET. I WILL DO SOME BASIC MODDING LIKE WEAPON DAMAGE AND CLOTHING AND STUFF. STILL A LOT TO LEARN

wulfric

Reaction score

ok good for you! ;) just remember to avoid crashing (even if you just want to play...no modding) still open FE as admin and click save mods and run fable. causeit will ALWAYS avoid the ownership problem! so no crashing in gameplay
:p happy modding ;)

warischoy

Reaction score

wulfric;333310 said:
ok good for you! ;) just remember to avoid crashing (even if you just want to play...no modding) still open FE as admin and click save mods and run fable. causeit will ALWAYS avoid the ownership problem! so no crashing in gameplay
:p happy modding ;)

thanks for that. :D

wulfric

Reaction score

your welcome ;)