• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible reason why our FABLE III hero needs spell gauntlets.

Lore Master

Reaction score
***I do not know if this has been said before, but I realized this yesterday while I was playing***​
The heroes once all came under the tutelage of the heroes guild, honing their gifts, so when it was destroyed, the heroes downfall began.​
This means that each generation would be weaker than the last, so the 'current' generation requires gauntlets to channel their will abilities.​
Another reason could be, since the heroes may get their power from the Old kingdom (as evident by only they can use Old kingdom artifacts) the ever-increasing length of time between the destruction of the Old kingdom, and the present, the time span is causing heroes to start to not get as much... energy if you will, from the remnants of the Old kingdom.​

B4nd1tk1ll3r!

Reaction score
My fan theory is that Sparrow her/himself created the spell gauntlets, having built in a number of features.

Aside from focusing Will spells better and giving the user finer overall controll over magic, it, later they, tone down the side effects of leveling up on the three Hero disciplines. This is why the Hero doesn't bulk up as much when upping strength, or get so lanky when upping skill, and why blue glowy lines don't show all the time on the body. Except for when performing flourishes, when they glow REALLY brightly, even through any clothing.

What was said about the gauntlets being needed to channel magic because of the Hero DNA being too diluted was propaganda mostly aimed at the Hero's and her/his family's enemies.

This achieved two aims,

1. To trick the Hero's enemies into underestimating her/his power. Yeah, as if the dead could tell tales.

2. To devalue the gauntlets as targets for thieves. If knowledge of their true purpose and function ever got out, all kinds of nasty individuals and groups would tear Albion and the world apart trying to get their hands on them.