• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

problem with free roam

B

bo bo TSM

problem with free roam

im trying to instal free roam but it dosent work ive looked at other threds but that dident help i do all the things and in free roam i can see the folders it creates but i cant aney were els i dont think im doing aneything rong hes what ive done
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

does free roam suport vista if not thatel be the problem aney help would be apricated thanks

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Re: problem with free roam

You have some funny directory stuff going on there.

data/levels/FinalAlbion is where all the extracted files go.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Yep. The Folder needs to be in the Levels folder.

B

bo bo TSM

dont think that will work dident for me i had exactily the same problem also running on vista but no one answerd me

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

bo bo TSM;85877 said:
dont think that will work dident for me i had exactily the same problem also running on vista but no one answerd me
If you followed the directions in this thread: http://forums.projectego.net/freeroam-setup-2152/Than it should work. Did you rename the FinalAlbion.wad? Or move it?
As for your thread:
http://forums.projectego.net/windows-vista-2997/
I don't have vista, nor am I the maker of the mods so I wouldn't know if it worked or not. I heard Fable doesn't work on Vista anyway.

S

Satan

Fable works perfectly well on my Vista Ultimate, even gets listed in Game Explorer with box art.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Satan;85896 said:
Fable works perfectly well on my Vista Ultimate, even gets listed in Game Explorer with box art.

That's because you're special. :shifty:

S

Silver

bo bo TSM;85877 said:

Vista is not the problem. Looking at the images before they went down you could plainly see that you've extracted the files in the wrong folder. See the "albion" picture. You would know Vista / .Net Framework was the culprit if the application failed to launch.