• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3 Delayed Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
PS3 Delayed Again!

Sony have announced that the PlayStation 3 will now not be launched in the UK until March 2007!

Customers in Japan and North America will still pick up their consoles on 11th and 17th November respectively, but Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia will have to settle for the Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii until after Xmas.

Sony said the delay has been caused by "the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode". The diode is evidently a key element of the Blu-ray disc drive that Sony has put such faith in. PS3 games run off these discs - but as well as providing drives for the games machine, Sony also needs to manufacture a large number of stand-alone Blu-ray players as they help the new format do battle against High-definition DVDs.

This is a massive blow for Sony who will miss the key Christmas market and could find that when the console is finally launched in Europe, many consumers will have spent their cash on an Xbox 360 instead.

To add to that the PS3 launch may coinside with the arrival of Halo 3, the Xbox 360 game that will singlehandedly sell a huge batch more consoles for Microsoft and could somewhat steer buyers away from the PS3.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: PS3 Delayed Again!

Ahh... crap.

F

flamingsquirrel

lawl... sucks to be sony
personaly, i don't think the PS3 is any good, i mean, the games look AWSOME, but the consle it'self (the Blue-Ray, the price, "raw potential" ect) dosn't look so hot

P

Poppycock

im not realy into hand held game consles anyway so its all godd to me :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;21231 said:
im not realy into hand held game consles anyway so its all godd to me :)

Handheld consoles :hmm: Nintendo GBA and Sony PSP are handhelds not the PS3!

F

flamingsquirrel

PS3 = New playstatoin CONSLE. like, hook it up to a TV......

Status
Not open for further replies.