• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS4.5 and Nintendo NX

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The rumors have been confirmed.

Sony will be releasing an upgraded version of the PS4 with beefier ram and CPU. It will be able to upscale to 4k resolution. Consumers are a little upset about this as they released a white Destiny PS4 a year after release and now an upgraded version next year. Developers will have to develop for both versions of hardware and are calling it madness. I don't own a PS4 and as it will be priced around the same as the original this would be a good time for someone like myself to get one.

Nintendo is working on a whole new console as well. We should learn more next E3.
EDIT: It looks like Nintendo will not be selling the NX at a loss, as was the standard in consoles so expect it to cost a pretty penny.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Going to be a nightmare for developers if this becomes the norm that's for sure.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I see it as an iterative process like that of iOS and Android. Games that come out in the future will eventually not play on the oldest hardware. That would be true of a new generation of consoles eventually anyway. This seems like more of a gradual process.