• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reducing Spell Experience Cost / Increasing Experience on Use

N

NeutronHInc

Reducing Spell Experience Cost / Increasing Experience on Use

This "tutorial" will deal with how to increase the amount of Will Experience you gain when you use your Will Abilities, and how to reduce their cost in Experience.

1. Open up Fable Explorer and double-click on game.bin
2. Find and double-click on HERO_ABILITY
3. Double-click on the spell you wish to work on. I'll be using 2520 - HERO_ABILITY_STRENGTH_BERSERK
EXP01.jpg
4. In the new window double-click on HERO_ABILITY
exp02.jpg
Numbers 5a and 5b deal with how much Will Experience you get when you use the will ability you are editing. So if you change Berserk's to 500, each time you use Berserk, you will get 500 Will Experience.

5a. Now find and click once on 60B231EE - WillExperienceOnUse and you should see the below...
5b. Now change the number here to whatever you want. You can raise or lower it to whatever you want it to be, from 0 to a great many 9s.
exp03.jpg
Numbers 6a and 6b deal with reducing or increasing the COST of learning the Berserk ability.

6a. Click once on 1B8AFCFA - unknown and you should see the below...
6b. Now change the numbers in these four boxes to what ever you want. You can raise or lower them as much as you want. From 0 to a great many 9s.
exp04.jpg

Hope you found this useful! Enjoy! :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Reducing Spell Experience Cost / Increasing Experience on Use

Why would one want to go through all that, changing the game files when you can simple use a trainer and make your life a lot easier?

N

NeutronHInc

Sephiroxas;64745 said:
Why would one want to go through all that, changing the game files when you can simple use a trainer and make your life a lot easier?
There are some of us who don't use trainers and like to "cheat" in other ways. :p :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

More complicated, could make your game break ways. I just don't see the point. good job though I guess

N

NeutronHInc

Sephiroxas;64747 said:
More complicated, could make your game break ways. I just don't see the point. good job though I guess
More complicated then a trainer, yes. My game works fine, I've increased the amount of experience needed to learn spells and decreased the amount I get when I use them.

As for the point, learning how to do it without using a trainer. I'm an old school game hacker, I edit the coding of the files themselves, I don't use trainers. Granted, a trainer does the same thing with one click, but how do you think the trainer was made? Someone had to go into the game files to figure out what the trainer would edit in order to get a ton of experience, or getting a shop keeper to sell the SoA and Silver keys. I know, I used to make trainers for my friends to use after they found out what I could do with StarCraft and Diablo.

I'm simply showing those that like to do it the "old" way how. Granted FE makes it a hell of a lot easier to do now.

I hope that didn't come off as sarcasm or rude. If it did, I'm sorry. I'll go hide in my wife's pants. :unsure:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

NeutronHInc;64749 said:
More complicated then a trainer, yes. My game works fine, I've increased the amount of experience needed to learn spells and decreased the amount I get when I use them.

As for the point, learning how to do it without using a trainer. I'm an old school game hacker, I edit the coding of the files themselves, I don't use trainers. Granted, a trainer does the same thing with one click, but how do you think the trainer was made? Someone had to go into the game files to figure out what the trainer would edit in order to get a ton of experience, or getting a shop keeper to sell the SoA and Silver keys. I know, I used to make trainers for my friends to use after they found out what I could do with StarCraft and Diablo.

I'm simply showing those that like to do it the "old" way how. Granted FE makes it a hell of a lot easier to do now.

I hope that didn't come off as sarcasm or rude. If it did, I'm sorry. I'll go hide in my wife's pants. :unsure:

No it didn't come off as rude, but if a trainer does the same thing again I don't see the point. I never will so there's really no point in trying to convince me other wise. i'm a stubborn hard headed woman. :D

good job anyway though. I'm sure someone other than me will find it useful.

V

Vegeta

+Rep Nice turtorial!

Im not sure where to fine trainers so I do it manually...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Vegeta;64751 said:
+Rep Nice turtorial!

Im not sure where to fine trainers so I do it manually...

You search google for "Fable, and Trainer"

N

NeutronHInc

Albion Knight;64782 said:
A great thread indeed
http://forums.projectego.net/trainers-2326/

Good job I wonder how you would do it without FE
Who created FE and How?
Well, to modify a game without a program like FE, it takes a lot of time and understanding of how to open and edit the game files without seeing a bunch of odd characters and boxes. To be honest, I've forgotten how since these days, there is an "editor" for almost every game within a week of the game's release, and I don't get the game as soon as it comes out, I usually wait for six-eight months for the price to go down. LOL

I haven't cracked open a game in years because of all the editors that come out within a week! Editors make it easier these days for two reasons. One, around 70% of the editors made for the games, are the "stolen" coding of the original editor the game developers used. Two, the game code is getting harder and harder to crack open without some special program, due to the "encryption" used by the original editor.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Yea that's why I call us "Mod Monkeys" new term I just made up. sort of like Script Kitties but pertaining to modding. I should put it in Urban Dictionary

P

Pilgrim

Script Kitties?
1108.jpg

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Ha HA HA good one
Anirep.GIF

N

NeutronHInc

Pilgrim;64797 said:
Script Kitties?
1108.jpg
LOL! Nice! I love cats.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

The HERO_ABILITY's also control alignment restrictions of the spells. I beleive I had them labeled.

A

Andyfellow

I know how to do that with spells but how about strength and skills can i get them for free to?

dragon flames

the killer of bandits
Reaction score

ok... go into FE and click on the + of "+HERO_STATS". Then go to MAIN_HERO_STATS. click on it once and let everything pop up... once thats done scroll down until you see a long chain of "Spells + Attribute Levels" then feel free to change what you want ;) :D