• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revolution Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Revolution Specs

Not that im a fan of nintendo but just heard about the specs its likely to have and heres the list:

REVOLUTION SPECS

CPU - IBM BROADWAY

GPU - ATI HOLLYWOOD

SUPPORTED RESOLUTIONS - 480P

SYSTEM MEMORY - UNKNOWN

INTERNET CONNECTIVITY - WIFI 802..11 B/G

MEDIA

INTERNAL STORAGE - 512MB FLASH MEMORY

OPTICAL DRIVE - 8CM GAMECUBE DISC/12CM REVOLUTION DISC

12CM DISC CAPACITY - 4.7GB (SINGLE LAYER)/ 8.5GB (DUEL LAYER)

MEMORY EXPANSION - 2 SD MEMORY

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY

DOWNLOAD CONTENT - NES, SNES, N64, SEGA GENESIS, TURBO GRAFX

DISC COMPATIBILTY - GAMECUBE

CONNECTIVITY

REVOLUTION CONTROLLER PORTS - WIRELESS (4 MINIMUM)

GAMECUBE CONTROLLER PORTS 4 PORTS

GAMECUBE MEMORY EXPANSION - 2 PORTS

USB 2.0 - 2 PORTS

S

Skorm_Knight

Re: Revolution Specs

Not to mention that it will most likely have:
CPU-729MHZ
GPU-243 MHZ
RAM-88

Doesn't sound much, but remember that the chipset and all that is being built from the ground up so performance could still be good.

T

TheBeast

i think it will put up a fight against the 360 (note: i like xbox alot) because i hav read stuff about it crashing andpeople haveing problems

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TheBeast said:
i think it will put up a fight against the 360 (note: i like xbox alot) because i hav read stuff about it crashing andpeople haveing problems

Personally i dont think it will, they seem to concentrating on new technology more than new games such as the weird controllers etc. I think Xbox 360 and PS3 will storm away with it.

S

Skorm_Knight

Dark Drakan said:
Personally i dont think it will, they seem to concentrating on new technology more than new games such as the weird controllers etc. I think Xbox 360 and PS3 will storm away with it.
Same can be said about the ps3 and xbox 360. Both are concentrating more on technology (like HD, cell chip, graphics) instead of games. A sony CEO even said one time that the ps3 isn't a gaming machine, but a multi-media center, doesn't that tell you something? However, what I just said and what you said about the revolution isn't true or let's hope not;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm_Knight said:
Same can be said about the ps3 and xbox 360. Both are concentrating more on technology (like HD, cell chip, graphics) instead of games. A sony CEO even said one time that the ps3 isn't a gaming machine, but a multi-media center, doesn't that tell you something? However, what I just said and what you said about the revolution isn't true or let's hope not;)

Yeah i can see what you mean but Microsoft and Sony want the new technology to push the boundries of game gfx etc Nintendo want to make the revolution a learning and unorthodox house entertainment system.

S

Skorm_Knight

I guess it's only a matter of time till we find out if the revolution controller will benefit, hinder, or keep the gameplay the same. I will withold my judgment until I actually try it out for myself.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm_Knight said:
I guess it's only a matter of time till we find out if the revolution controller will benefit, hinder, or keep the gameplay the same. I will withold my judgment until I actually try it out for myself.

Yeah and i think thats a very wise idea :p

T

TheBeast

Skorm_Knight said:

the controllers looked wacked up if u ask me. i think the revolution will be pretty good but i hate small controllers. i dunno why but i have also like the bigger controllers better then small ones

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I applaude them for trying something new and inventive but i think its to much of a change and alot of people are going to find the controllers to weird to use properly and are afraid of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.