• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 Multiformat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 Multiformat!

The next game in the highly regarded smackdown series that is going to be known as WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 is going to be released on all formats according to THQ & JAKKS Pacific. Its going to be released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation , PSP and Xbox 360.

The series has shipped more than 16.5 million units worldwide since 2000, and been exclusive to Sony Playstation consoles since 2000. Things have now changed however and now with this Multiformat release the company will benefit greatly from more sales and the gamers will benefit from not having to own just a Sony console to play them.

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 combines ambitious, exciting features, such as the interactive fighting area within the crowd and a brand new analog control grappling system, which enhance the WWE video game experience according early reports.Environmental hotspots let players select and control multiple objects in and around the ring, as well as from crowd members, to inflict damage on their opponents.

Players can also get closer than ever to WWE fans as they battle in an intense new fighting area outside the ring. New high impact combination moves and an enhanced Season Mode with multiple branching storylines let players take control of Superstars like never before, while a brand new Analog Control System adds intuitive movement and improved handling to deliver competitive game play at the next level. WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 is also packed with significant updates as they usually are, including incredible high definition graphics (Xbox 360 and PS3 wil benefit most), an expanded General Manager Mode, updated rosters for both RAW and SmackDown, online multiplayer game play with voice chat support and much more.

SCREENSHOTS

CREDIT TO IGN FOR SCREENSHOTS

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score
Re: Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 Multiformat!

I have played and enjoyed the Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and that was good so I hope the next is as good or better.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

With the exception of 1 smackdown all of them have been an improvement (if only slight in some cases) the got it right with the last one so hopefully yeah the new one will be much better. Im glad its multiformat though :)

C

Crazyarms

It looks like a great game, but i wont buy it. im not into those types of fighting games. I like being able to kill what i fight not just beat the living hell out of him (though thats fun too) anyway im not looking forward too it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
It looks like a great game, but i wont buy it. im not into those types of fighting games. I like being able to kill what i fight not just beat the living hell out of him (though thats fun too) anyway im not looking forward too it.

If your not or never have been a wrestling fan prob wouldnt appeal to you.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

To enjoy this kind of game more you need to like and sometimes watch the WWE. And by watching it you can know what the wrestlers are like i.e if there good or bad.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger said:
To enjoy this kind of game more you need to like and sometimes watch the WWE. And by watching it you can know what the wrestlers are like i.e if there good or bad.

Yeah a good point, though i still buy the games even though i havent watched it for nearly 2 years. I used to be a big fan so...

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I i'm still a fan, but I agree. If you have watched it before it can be sometimes the same

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger said:
I i'm still a fan, but I agree. If you have watched it before it can be sometimes the same

Yeah thats true, i think the game might actually be pretty good though. The storylines for the games are usually pretty good anyway.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

Can't wait till it comes out. The screenshots seem cool. The new content they put in seems cool too.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

JBL said:
Can't wait till it comes out. The screenshots seem cool. The new content they put in seems cool too.

I like some of the new ideas they are thinking of including.

Animations are no longer limited to whatever the canned AI says they're supposed to be as certain move types are now entirely determined by the user. Let's assume that a player grabs another user in a grapple and hoists them up on their shoulders. This position leaves a wrestler with a number of options - they can perform a military press, an airplane spin (controlled with the analog stick), or go ahead and slam the guy outside of the ring (that's right, it's no longer a special move). There will be multiple grapple moves per character too, so it won't always be the same options for every character.

Weight Class moves depending on wrestlers size so no more Big Show pulling off hurricanranas or Stacy Keibler powerslamming a huge guy like Kane.

Loads more Environmental hotspots so you can interact with alot more of the scenary to perform more damage on your opponent.

Crowd interaction, you can grab weapons from the crowd and if you are a heel you can rip up a fans sign and if your face you can hold it up for a cheap cheer.

Reversals are no longer limited to a couple of transitions either now reversals can be infinite if users are astute enough at countering an opponent.

This is just naming afew, i didnt want to make the post TO long :p

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

Do you think there's a possibility you could make a female character as skinny as a rail and make her weight class to a super heavyweight or somethin'? Also, is there anyway to attack the fans?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

JBL said:
Do you think there's a possibility you could make a female character as skinny as a rail and make her weight class to a super heavyweight or somethin'? Also, is there anyway to attack the fans?

First off isnt that a techniqual impossibility, A skinny super heavyweight... o_O

I wouldnt have thought they would include attacking the fans either as the WWE wouldnt condone it.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
First off isnt that a techniqual impossibility, A skinny super heavyweight... o_O

I wouldnt have thought they would include attacking the fans either as the WWE wouldnt condone it.

Not really. It was possible on the last Smackdown vs. Raw. A male friend of mine was crazy enough to try it. Then I tested it for myself.

You gotta point there. Thanks!

A

Asura

I remember playing NwO Vs WWE Revenge on the N64.. That was the best wrestling game ever at the time. Me and my cousin would always perform the Scorpion Death Drop on each other while on matresses.. Best feeling in the World.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Asura said:
I remember playing NwO Vs WWE Revenge on the N64.. That was the best wrestling game ever at the time. Me and my cousin would always perform the Scorpion Death Drop on each other while on matresses.. Best feeling in the World.

That was an awesome game but WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWE No Mercy were awesome aswel both for N64.

C

Cold

Dude I can't wait for it to be released cause I am a huge fan of WWE...... I have Smackdown shut you mouth, Smackdown here comes the pain, Smackdown v.s Raw, Smackdown v.s Raw 2006, Day of Reckoning 2(something like that)....On Smackdown here comes the pain in a chamber match is there is 1p and 2p you can go out of the chamber and run around in the audience and if you go to far you go to complete darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.