• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Boy and The Mask.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
The Boy and The Mask.

This is somthing i put together when i was bored donno if youll like it or not, my last fan fic fell on death ears but heres this one anyway.

The world of albion is a magical place, full of anceint and powerful artifacts none more so than the mask of jack of blades, legend has it that the wearer is given power beyond there wildest dream , legend also has it that the last weilder of the mask was the great slayer of jack, but this is not so, the mask had another owner before it was lost foever his name was Bargo an 11 year old boy. . . .

It was winter in albion and the town of oakvale was buried under a foot of snow, there was no-one on the streets well except for the children, and among those children was Bargo. Bargo was playing a game of tag when he ran into some metal gates and fell flat on his arse, he got himself onto his feet and looked at the larger steel gates with a padlock on them, Bargo took a close look at the padlock, the padlock was old rusted one good whack from a rock would smash it to pieces, bargo went off to find one, he came back 10 minutes later with the biggest rock he could find, he struck the padlock three times and it broke and fell to the ground, Bargo pushed open the gates and walked into what appeared to be a graveyard.

Bargo looked around and was amazed by the three big statues the were almost right inront of him one was of a man who was holding an axe in two hands, the inscription read "Here lies brom died protecting his family", Bargo looked at the next statue it was of a women, the inscription read "HEre lies scarlet robe slayer of balverine and mother of two" The third statue was by far the grandest, a man stood holding aloft a mighty looking sword in one hand and what appeared to be a mask in the other, the mask had caught the childs eye, it was shiny and sparkled as the sunlight hit it, Bargo began to climb the statue, he reached up to grabb the mask when he slipped kicking the statue as he fell down, he hit the ground with a fud, he lay looking up, the mask had moved out of place when Brago kicked the statue and it fell, landing straight on bargos face . . . . . . . .

killerequinox

Reaction score
Re: The Boy and The Mask.

This is good! Are you going to continue writing? I want to know what happens next :p

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Well yeah im gonna write some more tomrrow probs :p

L

LionHeadTex

Very intriguing. I love it how you write it as if it's a story book, one of those things you have to clear the dust from and open. This may be because of your opening, and how it automatically reveals the setting just like the old tales. Yeah, very cool. I say you should continue! :lol:

T

Templar

you make me want to start my own now :'( pretty nice also

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

OK well i cant really think of where this story would go from here but ama have a go anyway.

the mask began to glow red, Bargo started to panic he got to his feet and tried to pull the mask off, he couldn't. He tried with all his strength but it wouldnt come off, the maksed glowed red and his face started to burn, bargo fell to ground, for a minute or two he didnt move, he layed there still as a corpse, but all of a sudden he stood up, his eyes had changed, they eys that were filled with innocence and happiness where replaced with a cold hard emotionless stare, he looked up to the sky and screamed "JACK IS BACK!!!".

Jack looked at his hands, and surveyed his surroundings, he noticed the statue of "The Great Jack Slayer" and laughed "well well it looks like you lost again guild puppet!!" he spat at the grave and made his way to the gate when a kid threw a snowball at the back of his head. "hey bargo i guess your not as good as you though" Jack turned around and lifted his hand into the air, and out of no-where two minions spawned, he lowered his hand and pointed at the child "kill him"said jack in a synester tone. jack turned towards the gate and grinned "so begins a new age in albion, an age of death and destruction!.

ok thats all i could think of, if you have any ideas on how this could go on please pm me!

S

Sunshine<3

Well, I really liked the first part...
But I think you should have more on the kid's perspective, like Jack is slowly taking over his mind and the kid is half possessed and half himself or whatever
But... Really good job ol chap

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Hmm thats actual an awesome idea i think ill re-write the second part!