• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Marylander will depart!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
The Marylander will depart!

... for another part of Maryland. I'll be at the beach for a couple days, and hence not posting.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: The Marylander will depart!

I'll miss you!

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Aww, have fun dude... Hey droded aint seen you in a while how are ya'.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Have fun

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I'm back... and I did have fun. Aside from the fact that the first two days the weather was all gray and the waves all huge.

My sister and I almost freaking drowned, and I lost the goggles I had ben wearing to keep the water out of my eyes. That sucked. Then the weather waited till our last day to clear up and get all bright and blue-skyed.

It was still awesome, though. We got several buckets of Thrashers, jumped a couple waves even if we did almost die, got plenty of sugar, and drove around looking at houses. Also got to go to Dumsers Dairyland, my mom's favorite Cracker Barrel, and the arcade; where I let my sister win in air hockey, I swear.

I'm kinda depressed, though-- Trimper's Rides says they might be closing, and they weren't open while we were there.

Oh, and the MSTA convention was entertaining. My dad wandered around getting freebies (in some cases the pencils he stole were actually SUPPOSED to be given out); and my mom got a bunch of stuff from the Crayola booth for free because she got all sociable with the person running it. We also met this random guy who went to high school with a neighbor of ours.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

[waves] Too lazy (okay, fine, finding this one was harder than starting a new one, I just didn't want to open a new one) to start a new topic. Just felt the need to mention that I'd be gone until the 16th, in the trackless wastes of New England. Going to Vermont. Leaving tomorrow.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Have fun up here in good old New England :D

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hey, that's right, you do live up there. Right next door to Vermont.

Yeah, it was really cool. A bit cool temperature-wise for my liking, but cool. We even wandered over to your state one night in search of fast food.

Mountains, lakes, rivers, and mountains. Also, Vermont Lake Monsters vs. Aberdeen Ironbirds, which was really cool to see even if they did suck; and we ****ed off Vermonters by going OOOOOOHS; and it took them an hour and a half to reach the fourth inning, forcing us to leave before our butts melted to the chairs.

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

Damn, I feel like an idiot. :lol: I hope no one saw my post...I was about a year too late. :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Oh, you mean you typed something and then edited? No, I didn't see that... but you just told me about it. Which kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Glad you had a good time. ^_^

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;196917 said:
Hey, that's right, you do live up there. Right next door to Vermont.

Yeah, it was really cool. A bit cool temperature-wise for my liking, but cool. We even wandered over to your state one night in search of fast food.

Mountains, lakes, rivers, and mountains. Also, Vermont Lake Monsters vs. Aberdeen Ironbirds, which was really cool to see even if they did suck; and we ****ed off Vermonters by going OOOOOOHS; and it took them an hour and a half to reach the fourth inning, forcing us to leave before our butts melted to the chairs.

I loved Michigan, when I used to go to Michiana Shores, or something like that. It was beautiful up there, also.
Glad you had a good time.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

That's funny, moonfever. My sister went up to Michigan with one of her friends a couple years ago, and she kept comaring Vermont to Michigan on this trip.

B

Blue Will

Hey! Enjoy yourself!! I wanna go to the beach....:p

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;197077 said:
That's funny, moonfever. My sister went up to Michigan with one of her friends a couple years ago, and she kept comaring Vermont to Michigan on this trip.

I'm not surprised, they are in the same part of the country. Been to Wisconsin, too.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yep-- the frigid part. Beautiful, though.

We were too much of wusses to try to swim in Lake Champlain, though.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;197291 said:
Yep-- the frigid part. Beautiful, though.

We were too much of wusses to try to swim in Lake Champlain, though.

The Dells, were nice. Went on a boat. It's really beautiful, in the summer. They have great cheese. Didn't do any swimming, just took a lot of pictures, of the countryside, and old churches. Lots of history there.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Didn't eat any cheese, took lots of pictures of old-ish places, went on a boat. Spent LOTS of time driving around trying to find places where my grandpa and/or his relatives lived while growing up.

The most history I noticed was that they had a LOT of old graveyards still in use, and most of them had big huge stones. In Maryland, old graveyards always have stones, and some plots and newer graveyards have stones, but mostly it's huge, empty fields, with the markers just bronze plates on a flat stone set in the gound. Lots of little graveyards, too, instead of a relative few big ones.

And yes, it is probably bad that one of the big things I noticed was the graveyards. Well, that and they had "fried dough" instead of funnel cake.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

The Marylander is departing again, and using the same thread again.

Going to Ocean City for the weekend (Friday-Sunday, my mom (a teacher)and sister (in high school) are off for the Maryland State Teacher's Convention and I'm skipping the one class I have to, so we can make a long weekend for OC. Which is conveniently where the MSTC is.)

So, while I'm eating Thrasher's... well, I really don't care what'll be going on here. Or, rather, I do, but I might not bring my laptop/have internet. So if, say, I win the drawing or the forum gets invaded by our enemies or the gremlins finally escape and eat our fearless leaders.... I won't know about it. So sad.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ocean City? So you're going to Atlantis? Bring me back a mermaid.