• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
With the recent announcement that The Sims 4 base game is now free to play EA have now shown a sneak peek at the next game in the hugely successful franchise (known as Project Rene).

Lyndsay Pearson – VP of Franchise Creative for The Sims had the following to say

I am so excited to share today a first look at the future of The Sims innovation. For me, this is an honor to reveal as I’ve started working on The Sims as a game tester 20 years ago. And now I have a privilege to usher The Sims Franchise to the next decade and beyond! We’re building the next generation Sims Game and Creative Platform. Reimagining The Sims you know and love, with new ways to play. This is the future of The Sims, built on a foundation of charming Sims, powerful tools and meaningful stories.

This future requires us to stay true to what The Sims has always been while pushing to evolve how Sims think and behave. To push tools even further when creating and customizing, and to explore innovative ways to not only tell stories, but to collaborate on those stories or creations with your closest friends across your favorite devices.

The Sims has always evolved to reflect you, our players and your experiences. We have a growing team focused on this game, working alongside The Sims 4 and Mobile Teams. And now, we want to share this with you earlier than ever before because we want you to be a part of our development journey.

Exploring different ways to play The Sims requires us to commit to different ways of building. Today marks the start of our journey over the next few years. Our working title for this new generation is “Project Rene”.

We chose Project Rene because it’s reminiscent of words like “renewal”, “renaissance”, “rebirth” – and it represents our renewed commitment to The Sims. And that’s what we’re doing! We’re ushering in a new future for The Sims with a new game experience and more.

Now, I want to give you all a very early behind the scenes look at what we’re testing and exploring. Again, this is very early and just a few aspects of what Project Rene will grow to be.

We start with our creative tools – a key part of our Sims DNA. We’re experimenting with what’s worked and where we can push further to offer more flexibility than ever before. We begin with the ability to change not only patterns and colors, but also the shapes of the objects that you’ll be using when you build and decorate in game.

For years we’ve seen the power of the community coming together and sharing the cool things you can do with your friends. Whether you’ve used The Gallery or shared your creations elsewhere, being able to celebrate each other’s work has been a long standing tradition.

With Project Rene, we want to make it easier to work together and share. You can choose to play it and create by yourself, or with your close friends. It’s entirely your choice! No matter who you want to play with, we want you to be able to play wherever you want.

This is demonstrating early technology test on how you can play this game across supported devices of your choosing. Same experience – different screens!

This is just a small taste of what Project Rene and the team is working on alongside The Sims 4 and Mobile Teams. Over the next couple of years we’ll continue sharing updates with all of you on Project Rene.

We’ll share In-Progress Work, Explorations, Sneak Peeks and Behind The Scenes Content. As well as start to open up Early Access to Project Rene software to small groups over time.

I’ll say this one more time before I go. This is super early for us and we’ve never shared information about our games years before they launch to the world. We’re so excited to take you on this journey with us!

SOURCE (Includes Images)​

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
The DLC tax for every new iteration is just too much. Used to play The Sims 2 with all DLCs and it was a blast. Even now with The Sims 4 free, you're stilling looking at hundreds of EUR for the DLCs and sadly some are just too essential to skip.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The DLC tax for every new iteration is just too much. Used to play The Sims 2 with all DLCs and it was a blast. Even now with The Sims 4 free, you're stilling looking at hundreds of EUR for the DLCs and sadly some are just too essential to skip.

Guess the main positive is that there is a free entry level and you can then decide on the DLCs you want afterwards.