• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thinking of posting? Check here first...

C

CertainDeath

Thinking of posting a question? Check here first...

Far too many threads are made asking the same questions. So, before you go making a new thread asking something, check this. Use your browsers search function to find the question you want to ask.

Losing Weight

So, you were trying to praise your dog, but accidentaly found yourself gorging on a pie? Maybe you were low on health and caught without a potion (tut tut) and neeed a quick remedy? And now your character is a shadow of his former glorious self (A very big shadow...). What to do? The answer is simple. Celery. Eat as much of it you can find. There is a produce trader outside of the furniture store in Bowerstone Market for starters. Each piece of celery gives you -5% fat, so eat accordingly to regain your sexy-ocity.

With the arrival of the Knothole Island DLC, you are now able to lose weight instantaneously by using a weight-loss potion.

Xbox Live Gold/Silver

Fable II is just like any other game on the x360, requiring you to have Xbox Live Gold to trade, play co-operatively, etc. One cannot play online using XBL Silver.

The Dollcatcher

Many, many people need help with this achievement, and many, many people insist on creating their own thread in which to ask for it. If you are polite, you will find others will be willing to help you. Being at least semi-literate also helps, but isn't essential. Here is a list of those who are willing to volunteer their time to help you get the achievement (Username - GamerTag);

CertainDeath - MalumObscurum
SimonKalevra - Simon Kalevra
Fable Freak 37 - ANIMAEGA MASTER
Jakuro - TheIrishHobo
Zamurick - DamnGremlins

(Note from CertainDeath: I will only help those with 10+ (legitimate) posts on this forum. You contribute here, I'll contribute to your gamerscore. :) )

Demon Doors

There is a thread dedicated to addressing the locations and methods of opening all Demon Doors in the game, and it can be found here. Read it twice before making a thread about a specific Demon Door.

Purity

An easy way to up your purity level is this:

- Go the Gypsy Camp.
- Buy all the trailers.
- Set rent to -100%.
- et voila.

If by by now you are not 100% pure, just buy a couple of other properties and do the same.

Goodness

There are various methods of upping your Good level. Here are a few:

- Donate money to beggars (You get 1000 good points for every 100,000 you donate).
- Change someones opinion of you enough to have them give you a gift.
- Donate money to the Temple Of Light.

Corruption

Simply do the opposite of the steps given for gaining Purity.

Evil

Some ways to become more evil are:

- Kill people
- Kill people and take their gifts.
- Commit vandalism.
- Sacrifice people to the Temple Of Shadows.

The Temple Of Light

A lot of people ask why the Donating to The Temple Of Light quest won't remove itself from their quest list. The answer is this:

The Temple of Light has a reward to offer for donating. Donate 1000GP, and a monk will tell you to make a large donation at the suns zenith. So, donate 10,000GP between 12pm - 1pm, and you will be rewarded with The Rising Sun, a golden cleaver that deals extra damage to evil enemies. Now, this is why you can't get rid of the quest.

Once you have the Rising Sun, the temple will offer up other rewards for more large donations at noon, namely XP and good points. Since you can, theoretically, gain infinite rewards from the quest, there is no actual way for the quest to end.

The Temple Of Shadows

The Sacrificing To The Temple Of Shadows quest is the same as the Temple Of Light's quest, in that it offers infinite rewards. In fact, the only things that are different are that instead of getting The Rising Sun, you get The Maelstrom, a sword which deals extra damage to good enemies/guards/civilians, and you get evil points for "donating".

The Crucible

An easy way to complete The Crucible is to do it co-operatively with a friend by inviting them into your game. The reward for getting 8 perfect rounds is The Chopper, Mad-Dogs axe. In The Crucible, you will face:

Beetles
Hobbes
Grass Hobbes
Hollow Men
Bandits
Balverines
Assassin
Rock Troll

Knothole Island

Knothole Island is the new DLC released by Lionhead in January '09. The premium version (recommended) costs 800MSP, and comes with 100 extra Gamerpoints, spread over 3 achievements.

There is a free version available, though this only grants access as a henchman, and only in co-op with a person with the premium version.

C

CertainDeath

Re: Thinking of posting? Check here first...

If any of you are willing to help others get the dollcatcher achievement (or any other, for that matter), tell me (include your GT) and I'll add you to the list.

Also, if you want me to add something, just say so.

F

fable2fan#45

I like it. +rep

C

CertainDeath

Thanks. Rep returned. Hopefully the mods will see fit to sticky it so we can rid ourselves of the plague that is the "PLEEEEASE GIVE ACHIEVEMENT NOW" thread.

L

laharl

Re: Thinking of posting a question? Check here first...

beetles hobbes hollow men bandits assassins balverines troll i think

S

Striken7

There is already a thread dedicated to Hero Doll trades in the trading section, perhaps you should link to there.

C

CertainDeath

Thank you, I will, though it's worth noting that most people are happy enough to just get the achievement without worrying about actually getting the dolls.

L

laharl

i thinkthats the order

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

I probably shouldn't be advertising another site, but personally, I feel GameBanshee has really detailed guides. Too bad they only make them for the best games. =P

http://www.gamebanshee.com/fableii/

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Thread stickied - excellent idea, CertainDeath and admin rep added for your efforts :)

C

CertainDeath

Wow. Thanks, Angel. <3

S

Sacrfical Monk

Crucible Order:
Beetles
Hobbes
Grass Hobbes
Hollow Men
Bandits
Balverines
Assassin
Rock Troll

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Very nice!
Throw my GT in the pile (or pot?) I have the Lucien doll.
+ rep :D

C

CertainDeath

Thanks. Rep returned. :)

W

Wolfie

Awesome idea. Now we just pray that people actually look at this thread before posting :)
+rep

C

CertainDeath

Rep returned.

They won't, but I suppose even if one person does, that's still one less same-ol' thread to think about.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

CertainDeath, just wanna point out that there's a space in my GT between Simon and Kalevra

Simon<space>Kalevra = Simon Kalevra

:D

C

CertainDeath

Oops, sorry. Amended.

anain12

Reaction score

Nice faq + rep