• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trainers/mods MAX AGE morph question.

S

SephorithsGF

Trainers/mods MAX AGE morph question.

I like playing games on Easy b/c I'm a lover, not a fighter. (yeah, yeah Ima wimpy girlie girl) For me, I play these games to experience the story, talking to ppl, plot and easter eggs etc, sorting stuff out etc. A little fighting is fun but on most games "normal" is too hard and means I have to save/reload more often than I enjoy. This is MAJORLY exacerbated in Fable The Lost Chapters because of that goddamn 'combat multiplyer'. It's wierd that there is no 'easy' setting if they're going to set up the game to make the weak fighters get weaker and weaker and weaker.ie: if you are no good at fighting, ur gonna get hit and ur combat multiplyer (experience u can earn) is gonna be low, so u wud need MORE skill to survive. Stupid. Grrr.

So I used a trainer. I chose the max exp. option just once and then shut the trainer off. This allowed me to buff up all my skill/will etc options to the max range so that exp points would no longer be an issue. I was wearing a helmet when I did this and then played 4-5 hours of the game.

The problem is that once I had a good look at myself without a helmet I was white haired and butt ugly!!!!!!

I then reopened the trainer to set my age back to 30 and turned it off again. I opened the 'personality' sheet and saw that the game did indeed see me as being only 30... but why do I still have white hair and a gross face? My hair line is not receeded (I thought you went bald in this game with age) but I am not wearing the normal hair cut.

Is there a way to limit the age avatar morphing???

S

SephorithsGF

Re: Trainers/mods MAX AGE morph question.

I am using the +24 trainer that's recommended in the relevant thread on this forum.

To be honest I may have posted prematurely as I didn't reboot the entire PC or even reload the entire game.

I did however, exit out of my profile completely back to the initial start screen (which I figured was almost as good) and then enter back into my profile and saved game. I was still pretty fugly (old people can be hot too goddammit, look at Bridget Bardot... but not Our Hero ArseFace. Oh no)

I'm not sure in what way you meant the changes were visible, in the avatar or in the stats. It immediately gave the age of 30 (that I chose) in the stats but I still looked 65.

OK... I didn't quite understand what you said.

If I set the max age to say 100 what would happen? Would Arseface (all the other names you can buy suck, at least that was cheap and maketh me to smile) still age at all? Or would he stay 18 (or the age he was at each save at the time I did the mod) It would be awesome if he just aged a whole heap slower. (Imo-The best thing the makers of the game could have done would be to make him age as he progresses through the main quests! You don't age 60 years in one day, even if you do fight a whole heaps of baddies (or slaughter many innocents).

I've seen threads here where I could use Whisper or JoB if I wanted via a mod. Do the other characters you can swap out age when swapped?

Is there a workaround without either 1)- playing on with him already looking 65 or 2)- going back 5 hours of playtime and setting max age before exp cheat?

S

SephorithsGF

Textures is something I might be able to do if I had the uv maps & original templates for the characters. I made skins in second life for a while. I don't claim to be all that, but if all I'm doing is aging an exisiting skin by adding some wrinkles (bruises & scars are separate right?), that shouldn't be too hard.

All the threads that tell how to apply changes to anything in Fable Explorer don't seem to match up with my Fable Explorer. I'm pretty sure I have one of the newest versions and either I'm doing something wrong or the threads I can find were using an old version. I don't get the options that they say to click. All I can do is find something like say "Armour" and then bring up the values. There are no 'words' to click at all. There are a couple of numerical values that I can't work out how to get to stay 'changed' and another clicking option for 'view data'. That's it. This is probably the most idiotic question you've heard all year, but could the issue be that I don't have FE in the same folder as my installation of Fable TLC. In fact it isn't even on the same drive? I would have thought I'd need to open the game but I can't find a file that seem relevant.

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

I can give you a quick tip! Instead of loading out & stuff! Just Eat/Drink something & your hair will go from White/Black Or if your good then it will goto Blonde which does look like White abit lol! But as I said! Eat Or Drink something & it'll be sorted! :)

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

:DWorks For Me! :p

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

1st off: Check dates. This is from back in '08.

2nd: Use the edit function. Don't double post.

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

Skotekal;369216 said:
1st off: Check dates. This is from back in '08.

2nd: Use the edit function. Don't double post.
You seem to have a random problem with me though I have done nothing wrong? :(

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

SephorithsGF;244253 said:
I like playing games on Easy b/c I'm a lover, not a fighter. (yeah, yeah Ima wimpy girlie girl) For me, I play these games to experience the story, talking to ppl, plot and easter eggs etc, sorting stuff out etc. A little fighting is fun but on most games "normal" is too hard and means I have to save/reload more often than I enjoy. This is MAJORLY exacerbated in Fable The Lost Chapters because of that goddamn 'combat multiplyer'. It's wierd that there is no 'easy' setting if they're going to set up the game to make the weak fighters get weaker and weaker and weaker.ie: if you are no good at fighting, ur gonna get hit and ur combat multiplyer (experience u can earn) is gonna be low, so u wud need MORE skill to survive. Stupid. Grrr.

I'm usually like this also, but I thought Fable was easy enough on its own..

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

Dude! Double Post dosent matter. OMG! Its just a double post for Crying out loud you dont need to whine about double post man. You should just chill out some of you lot instead of wanting everything perfect & stop giving new people to the forum Flack for no reason. :thumbsup:

Lazarus

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

Okay! I see where your coming from (Annoying git is abit unnecessary) but if what I do annoys you then I will try & stop it! ^_^ ok? :lol: