• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wing Commander 3 free on Origin

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Wing-Commander-3-Heart-of-the-Tiger-Origin-free.jpg

After the Sims 2 and all of its expansions was released for free on Origin (offer now ended) EA have offered Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger for free now. I havent played it so cant offer any advice on if its any good but in 1996, Computer Gaming World ranked it as the 54th best game of all time for its "thrilling space action in the first successful interactive movie, as well as the ninth most innovative computer game. Then in 2011, PC Gamer ranked it 72nd on the list of the 100 best PC games of all time (thanks Wikipedia). The series was created by Chris Roberts, who if you are an avid PC Gamer you may probably know as the guy fronting the record breaking kickstarter funded Star Citizen.

Can download Origin Here

Download Wing Commander 3 Here

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
A good game with Mark Hamill and for free, can't really complain. Other than relinquishing bits of my soul to EA for this, I'm a bit pleased to see them offering a surprising number of good games for free lately. Managed to grab Peggle for free as well a while ago, I think the offer was only for a few days though.

Still, I have to say these offers would be better appreciated through the likes of Steam.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Still, I have to say these offers would be better appreciated through the likes of Steam.

Not going to happen though as EA will always use their own distribution service.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Not going to happen though as EA will always use their own distribution service.
Yeah, unfortunately. Which makes it even worse when they still fail to take in user feedback for the damn service. :(