• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

10 things the PS3 did wrong

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
10 things the PS3 did wrong

For whatever reason, be it the slow acceptance of new technology, tall-poppy syndrome or perhaps good old-fashioned Japanese arrogance, Sony buckled under the pressure of being the world’s premier console maker. Expectations for the Xbox 360 were humdrum, and for the Wii barely measurable, but the PS3 was always expected to be the primo console of choice. But the console throne can’t be claimed along hereditary lines alone, it has to be won. So like the little orphan in an epic RPG tasked with saving the world from next-gen mediocrity, the PS3 has the power within, but will it be awakened? These 10 ‘wrongs’ have us wondering.
Gameplayer.com.au - 10 things the PS3 does wrong

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: 10 things the PS3 did wrong

PS3 is a machine that even without any hype at all after the success of PS and PS2 was expected to be huge. So even then would have been hard to live up to its own high standards. Main things they did wrong were terrible marketing strategies, losing too many exclusives and trying to force a new format on people as well as a huge price tag.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Good analogy though

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;145897 said:
PS3 is a machine that even without any hype at all after the success of PS and PS2 was expected to be huge. So even then would have been hard to live up to its own high standards. Main things they did wrong were terrible marketing strategies, losing too many exclusives and trying to force a new format on people as well as a huge price tag.

Couldn't agree more.

To put it bluntly;

Too much of an advanced piece of hardware, with a lot of features people don't even have an interest in (what the hell is BluRay and why do I want it?), which makes it too freakin' expensive. Now this could have been excused if there were some awesome games for the PS3, but there are only a few, not nearly enough to warrant a purchase.

S

silentbob

the thing no one understands when they talk about the 'console wars' is that its not meant to be about what the machine can do at the time, but what it will be in the future. take a look at the specs for a 360 and see if you can find a cheaper prebuilt pc, with same specs for the same price as a 360, and the ps3?......... well that can go play with itself.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

silentbob;147942 said:
the thing no one understands when they talk about the 'console wars' is that its not meant to be about what the machine can do at the time, but what it will be in the future. take a look at the specs for a 360 and see if you can find a cheaper prebuilt pc, with same specs for the same price as a 360, and the ps3?......... well that can go play with itself.

Most PC specs these days would obliterate both consoles easily.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;147959 said:
Most PC specs these days would obliterate both consoles easily.
Quad core Multi threaded 64bit OS and 8GB Ram with a 1 GB graphic card That's what I'll have at the end of next year. Yeah I'd say the would make any console today whimper pathetically. I still love my :360: and wouldn't mind having either a PS3 or a Wii. Simplicity has its benefits ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;148015 said:
Quad core Multi threaded 64bit OS and 8GB Ram with a 1 GB graphic card That's what I'll have at the end of next year. Yeah I'd say the would make any console today whimper pathetically. I still love my :360: and wouldn't mind having either a PS3 or a Wii. Simplicity has its benefits ;)

See thats what im talking about, the consoles do have some great chips in them that really excel at what they do but are nothing compared to what high spec PC's have in them.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;145897 said:

Couldn't have said it better than myself! I agree with ya. And to me, I don't think there is too many games going for it right now. Assassin's Creed help it though. To me, 360 has the gamer world in it hands. A LOT of hot games came out on 360... I think they have rise there prices on them as well. In order from best system to me right now to least favorite right now:
Xbox 360
PSP
Wii
PS3

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, PSP is in the right spot, although I don't use it for PSP games:lol:

I play pokemon on my gba emulator:ninja:

S

silentbob

i know there are many better pc's out there but i said, pre built and for the same price as a 360