• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

22-year-old mother shakes (kills) baby to death

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Source: click here

Florida mom Alexandra Tobias pleads guilty to murdering baby for crying during her FarmVille game

Looks like the world is getting worse as time passes. Good riddance. And her face doesn't look exactly 'right' either.

alg_alexandra_tobias_102810.jpg

A Florida woman admitted shaking her 3-month-old baby to death after the little boy's crying distracted her from playing a wildly popular Facebook game.
Alexandra Tobias, 22, told cops she was playing FarmVille and her baby, Dylan Lee Edmondson, wouldn't stop crying.
According to the Florida Times-Union, she confessed to shaking the baby, smoking a cigarette to calm down and then shaking the baby again. The baby may have hit his head during the January incident.
Tobias pleaded guilty on Wednesday.
The young mom called paramedics after he stopped breathing. He was taken to a hospital with head injuries and a broken leg, The Times-Union reported. Doctors said the infant died from "abusive head trauma."
Tobias initially told police the child hit his head and stopped breathing after a dog knocked him off a couch, Jacksonville television station WJXT reported.
She later confessed to losing her temper while trying to concentrate on the game.
"It was enough to apparently put her over the edge," said Lt. Larry Schmitt of the Jacksonville sheriff's office.
FarmVille is a simulation game created by Zynga, a San Francisco-based company that uses Facebook and other social networks to distribute its games.
In the game, users act as virtual farmers, harvesting crops and raising cattle. The FarmVille Facebook page says the game has nearly 60 million active users.
Tobias faces at least 25 years in prison. She is scheduled to be sentenced in December.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/10/28/2010-10-28_florida_mom_alexandra_tobias_pleads_guilty_to_murdering_baby_for_crying_during_h.html?r=news/national#ixzz13sBj0WnL

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
FarmVille.. it figures.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
that was MY girlfriend and her crops were in need of direct attention. i fully support her in murdering our child, and the rest of you shouldn't be so judgemental. you obviously don't understand farmville, what if it happened in the middle of mafia wars? or backyard monsters? OR ZYNGA POKER???

...no consideration.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Farmville is an evil combination of D&D, WoW, CoD and any other addicting "evil" shooter ever?

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
Why do people even bother trying to help each other? What if you end up helping this woman get home safe so she can kill her kid? (Note: Just a philosophical point, please don't answer the questions, I know there's good and bad out there in large quantities and helping those in need is an admirable quality and necessary to our growth as a species.)

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
This is why I don't want to start playing FarmVille.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I've lost my faith in humanity years ago and incidents like these just further my undying hatred for the human race. We're not just a plague upon the world, we're a plague upon ourselves.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Farmville is an evil combination of D&D, WoW, CoD and any other addicting "evil" shooter ever?
How is FarmVille in anyway similar to those games? Especially D&D, I play D&D a lot and you have no idea what you're talking about lol.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^ *facedesk*

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score
I was going to say, "shake it like a salt shaker", but it would be highly inappropriate, because life is precious and we should mourn this poor child.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
She looks stoned.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
alg_alexandra_tobias_102810.jpg
THE LAST FACE YOU SEE BEFORE YOU DIE

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I friggen hate farmville. It's a stupid ass game. I'll take Harvest moon any day over that annoying B.S.