• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

360 Freezing after todays update?

S

slickblade

360 Freezing after todays update?

Picked Fable2 up at midnight last night and played for 5 hours without any problems.

Today it said i needed to update, so let it update, jump into the game, 5 seconds later it freezes.

Hmmmm, i think, restart system, start game, take a few steps and FREEZE /sigh

Try again, restart, stand still, a town crier yells "Its 10:00 an........" freeze again.

No "Disk is dirty/damaged message" no RROD , just freezes up

anyone else having problems with it?

Edit: No previous problems with my system and other games are working just fine (except for dead rising, always get the "Disk dirty errors with that game and have since i got it).

Edit: Tried clearing the HDD cache so the update would be re-downloaded and still freezing.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
Re: 360 Freezing after todays update?

maybe your xbox suck?

X

x3 buzz

You've experienced similar problems before with your 360? Had the red ring of death 8 months ago. Got it repaired (lucky just within warant). Got it back, all fine untill GTAIV was released. Played that for 8 hours (on& off) and got freezes aswell without the red ring. That last thing turned out to be my HD which got replaced. Still strange this occured after an update :/

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

dont some games occasionally freeze up on the 360? its happened with my gta 4, then it got scratched. id say you go get a replacement

P

P3NGU1N

Heres what I do. I don't patch. Disconnect from internet. LOL. Microsoft can't **** me in the ass! It's worked for 2 years and going strong.

I believe the saying is:
"Don't START nothin', won't BE nothin'."

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Updates can sometimes cause some crash issues, they will probably receive word of it if it was the update that did it and fix it. Not very common for updates to cause many issues.

T

tsoprano

I have an xbox 360 less than 3 weeks old. This freeze also happened to me. I downloaded the update also, thinking it was for the live and to fix most of the bugs. I started a new game and 20 seconds into the first cut scene it froze. i reset it and it froze at the same exact spot.

i swapped the game for another one in the store, brught it home and it still froze in the same damned spot. i finally got around it by skipping the cut scene and moving on. But it has frozen several other times during gameplay too.

i hate updates, they never work

i have to save after evey 5 mins or a major event. :(

S

Seargant Mitch

Sorry to hear that guys :( i'm sure it will patch!

D

Dementedboxer

umm... yea i am having the same problems... and found it its not because mine is an old 360... a lot of people from what ive seen are experiencing the same thing...

i almost threw my xbox several times because i had to restart about 20 times... and finally decided to research and find ppl like you guys...

hope the fix it soon... cuz im ****ed.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

just reset the cache >_>

Chrysalis

Reaction score

yes resetting cache uninstalls updates, so if its the update causing the crash do that and then disconnect the internet before playing game or say no to update prompt.

T

Tymolus

Guess I shouldn't update for online coop yet, huh? :(

Velez

Demonic War Lord
Reaction score

Yeah, my 360 froze a couple times last night when I was playing it and so did my friends. But it's been running fine since.

X

xshadow88x

slickblade;219424 said:
Picked Fable2 up at midnight last night and played for 5 hours without any problems.

Today it said i needed to update, so let it update, jump into the game, 5 seconds later it freezes.

Try again, restart, stand still, a town crier yells "Its 10:00 an........" freeze again.

Edit: Tried clearing the HDD cache so the update would be re-downloaded and still freezing.

I am having the exact same problem with my game. I sent in a long email to the company and linked to this site to view more info on the problem. Lets see what happens.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

heh I hope I dont get crashes, fable 1 crashes galore might be a lionhead trend :(

Q

Quinn2123

slickblade;219424 said:

Edit: No previous problems with my system and other games are working just fine (except for dead rising, always get the "Disk dirty errors with that game and have since i got it).

Same problem here, and i'm kind of relieved to see some of you having the same problem. there is something else going on with me that i dont know if you left out or not but after the "necessary" update the xbox did its automatic reset and right then my problems started. on the opening screen where the xbox logo appears it froze. I restarted, game started i got to the first menu and then froze again. same thing happened a few times over. that really didnt concern me. what really bothered me was that the xbox itself seemed to be affected. I went to the arcade to play around and a few minutes into Dig Dug it froze. same thing has happened a few times when playing around on the dashboard. so if you havent tried, play around on the dashboard for 10-15 minutes and see if the same happens to you. i really hope something is done about this. because the first 10 minutes i played it looked like it will be a good game

Chrysalis

Reaction score

I initially didnt do the update after reading the horror stories but then fable II didnt display on my played games and my achievements werent been recorded online so I did the update, after it I have had 1 freeze so far.

I

IRifle ProdigyI

I have experience similar problems, but only once. It might just be your xbox...

Chrysalis

Reaction score

IRifle maybe, but the official bug forum on the official site has so many freeze complaints I think its fair to say its a good chance of been the game.

If it is my xbox I am not best pleased either considering its barely a month old.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Chrysalis;225460 said:
IRifle maybe, but the official bug forum on the official site has so many freeze complaints I think its fair to say its a good chance of been the game.

If it is my xbox I am not best pleased either considering its barely a month old.

I would call xbox and yell at them if it's new. I can't believe that happened to you. :( My updates seem to work perfectly so far. I loose an item every now and then, but other than that everything works great.:unsure: