• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

5 Star Dyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorVoytek

Reaction score
5 Star Dyes

Does anyone know where to find the 5 star dyes?:ninja: I'm looking for the gold and silver, and I did check Fairfax Gardens.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: 5 Star Dyes

DoctorVoytek;241187 said:
Does anyone know where to find the 5 star dyes?:ninja: I'm looking for the gold and silver, and I did check Fairfax Gardens.

There isn't a silver dye.:unsure: I have all the colors, and that's not one of them.

F

Fortress59

Yeah, I was disappointed there wasn't a silver dye, the closest is gold... but wouldn't a very shiney silver give the Ranger outfit the true glimmer it needs???

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

You could always use the white, or that other white/gray looking one. It's also close to silver.

F

Flashcoke

the closest i have seen to silver was gray

F

Fortress59

You can get the gold dye, as well as all the other 5 star dyes in Fairfax Gardens, just speak with the clothing traders and some will have the dyes for sale.

thugziee

gangsterishh
Reaction score

when i talk to the clothing traders they never have dyes. WTF!!!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

^It's just a matter of luck, actually. Sometimes they do have them, and sometimes they don't. Just check regularly.

A

aceshigh2890

i just kept sleeping and checking over and over again in fairfax gardens. also i found a dye trader in rookridge that had a buncha five star dyes. like stated above, its just a matter of luck.

G

GsSKpoet

ya know if you wan to look like gold that bad just color yourself that bright yellow one.
or is there a bonus that comes with the gold dye?

B

Butcher Wing

The places/people where I get the luckiest with the five star dyes are the traveling traders at Rookridge Road and Fairfax Gardens. Try your luck there!

M

Minorthreat

Traveling traders are the way to go. Fairfax is definitely a good place, especially when they are specifically dye traders, not clothing traders. Also the road from Bowerstone to Oakfield in the Rookridge area later in the game has tons of traveling merchants.I've had my dog dig up a couple on occasion but that's not a reliable way to get them.

Charliee!

Reaction score

Liquid Gold dye is buried near the entrance of a house in one of the side alleys of Old Town, however your dog must be a 5 star (maybe 4?) treasure finder to detect it.

Note that the times I've found it I had chosen the evil path as a kid so my Old Town B was wrecked.

M

Minorthreat

That's true Charliee, it can actually be any of the five star dyes but the gold seems to be most common. I have gotten the royal purple one there I believe. I think it was there anways, but it was definitely dug up somewhere in Bowerstone.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Charliee!;243395 said:
Liquid Gold dye is buried near the entrance of a house in one of the side alleys of Old Town, however your dog must be a 5 star (maybe 4?) treasure finder to detect it.
Incorrect. My dog was a 2 star treasure finder, and he actually found that gold dye in the alley, near the place where you could see the Castle.

H

heyitsmandee

I've never seen a trader carry any of the five star dyes except for the pink one. The ones I managed to come across I found myself.

I can't remember where you're supposed to dig up Liquid Gold, Burning Orange, or Scarlet Slime.

I know I got them early on in the game though. Somewhere near Bower Lake I'm pretty sure.

And I know Envy Green was buried in the Bowerstone Graveyard. Your dog needs to be a 5 star treasure hunter to be able to get that one, maybe it's 4 star...

7hir7een

I've seen at least 3 or 4 dyes on the Fairfax Gardens trader, so it's definitely a possibility to get them from merchants. I feel like I've seen the liquid gold on one of the Bowerstone people. The others are from digging, but I'm pretty sure your dog needs to be a maxed (or close) treasure hunter.

Anyway, there are 9 of them:
+ Apocalyptic Pink
+ Aquapos
+ Burning Orange
+ Envy Green
+ Liquid Gold
+ Peacock
+ Regal Purple
+ Scarlet Slime
+ Swarthy Revenge Indigo

My friend has the guide lol

K

King Sparrow

I went to Fairfax gardens to get Liquid Gold and Regal Purple, and I couldn't even find the Clothing Trader... apparently he went on vacation. So I took a little pilgrimage to Rookridge Inn and followed the trail back to Old Bowerstone. In my travels I found 2 Dye Traders and found both of those. Now I want the Scarlet Slime, and can't find that. Though, with Liquid Gold as the Secondary Dye and Swarthy Revenge Indigo Dye, my guy looks fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.