• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Few Modding related questions

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score
Re: A Few Modding related questions

Hey got a quick question.

I'm making my custom weapon (not using my own mesh or textures yet) and I am currently trying to change the effect emitted by the augments with limited success. I have currently found one that I like but the problem is that it:
a) Isn't aligned properly (I think that could be fixed be fiddling with the augment helpers)
b) The effect doesn't follow my blade when I move and just sits there until I draw, slash or sheathe my weapon at which point it resets/reappears but it still doesn't follow me.

This is my problem
whattodo-full;init:.jpg

If you know how I can put the picture in spoilers please tell me :D

Thankyou

edit:nvm I figured out how to make it 'stick' to the sword. It still comes out at a weird angle but I should be able to fix that. Just had to place the effect in the first and second (int)'s

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score

JohnDoe;346438 said:
Spoilers:
[noparse]
Stuff inside spoiler.
[/noparse]

Turns into:
Stuff inside spoiler.
coolies thanks :)
JohnDoe;346438 said:
Angle of the effect:
Is determined by the rotation of the HDMY_AUG_01 helper. It should be 90,90,0.
You've already figured out the other part, bravo. :)
I had figured that part out somewhat but I thought maybe you would know of a quicker way than I did. Pity your way didnt work for me (probably a mistake by me) ended up just loading it into max and adjusting it manually. Took a bit of trial and error but I got it in the end :D.

One small problem that I seem to be experiencing now is that the flourish effect is coming out at 90 degrees. I don't really mind for this weapon seeing as I was going to turn it off anyway but... *shrugs* whatev.

Do you know of any trail effects (the ones that go in (int)'s three and four) that I could use for when slashing? (the ones I have tried have caused the came to crash when I swing my sword... or maybe its the way I set them up)

Thanks again mate :D

edit: not a modding question but... is there a way to enter a first person look around view (can't remember if there is and I've tried just about every button....)?

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score

JohnDoe;346467 said:
Anything labeled with the words "augment" and "whoosh". The other ones don't seem to work so well.
mmm I tried the some labeled with "augment" and "whoosh" but they ended up coming out at a 90 degree angle to the sword like the flourish effect was. Doesn't matter though decided I wouldn't have any effect on its slashes as it looks good without it :). Thanks anyway that info will be helpfull to me in the future.

Does anybody know why when I try to import a longsword's mesh into max it crashes yet any other mesh that I have tried works?

I reckon that I've got melee weapon creation under wraps now, gotta figure out how to spawn a trader that I can have sell items I've made to me (don't want to get stuff weapons for nothing, gotta work for em :p), and after that I'll work on learning how to spawn a bodyguard I can hire.

anyhow sleepy time now