• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Match Made In Albion

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
A Match Made In Albion

Hammer found herself surrounded by monks, all engaging in hand to hand combat, taking no notice of her. Her eyes surveyed the land and she had hardly turned her head when she saw the temple. It was a rather small temple, and, unlike the ones to which she was accustomed, it was built into the ground. Hammer slowly walked over and opened a large round glass door that led her down winding stairs, eventually ending at a narrow hallway. There were two doors at the end of it, and Hammer chose the first one. An old man in a black robe lined with white said, "My sister, why have you come here?" "I'm sick of causing violence in the world. I would like to stay 'ere with you warrior monks and become a member of your temple, if it please ya." "I'm sorry, my sister, but we are a dying order, and are self providing; only those born of our loins can serve here." "Ah well, 'twas good to come 'ere anyway. I'll be on my way then." Hammer's head slumped in dissappointment as the ascended the stairs and exited the temple. She threw her warhammer to the side, softly proclaiming, "Won't be needing you anymore." She also cast off her pack as she strolled into the forests, not knowing which way to go. She wandered for many days in these woods, with the hot sun beating down on her. She took off her cloak and belts, leaving them near an oak trunk. The sun seemed more bearable as she continued to trudge on. Near noon, she found a clear stream of water. She bent down and drank of it; it was the best water she had ever tasted. Before rising up, she washed her face and hands. When she stood, she pulled the cords from her hair, letting it hang freely. She sat beside the bank and first pulled off her sandals, then her tunic. She was now wearing only a leather corset and skirt. She laid on her back and looked up at the sky, at the clouds. Wind came from the North and the breeze soothed her flesh. Night fell and she slept, tired from her journey. When she awoke, she was startled by a familiar face: The Hero of Bower Lake was staring at her. "Aye! How long 'ave you been 'ere?" "Since early this morning. Great to see you again." "Yes, it's *yawn* good to see you too." "Here" said the Hero, as he reached down and grabbed hold of Hammer's arm, lifting her up. "Let's go." "Go where?" said Hammer, puzzled. "Bowerstone." "Do you have any clothes in there, something for me to cover up with, I'm not decent you know." "Hannah, you are beautiful. Don't deprive my eyes of what they are meant to see. Don't interfere with my pleasure." "Oh off with ya, I'm nothin' to look at" said Hammer. With that the Hero lifted her up and walked over to his carriage, laid her in a bed of the softest silk, and climbed inside. "On driver!" he commanded, and the horses began to run. The ride seemed unnaturally smooth to Hammer; she felt not a single bump. The Hero gently stroked her cheek as she looked at him strangely. "Hannah.." "What is it?" "I..I want you to stay with me. I have always thought of you. When I took the magic box to the Spire, I thought, 'for her safety'. When you left me, I thought I'd never see you again, and I wept when I returned to Bowerstone. But don't you see what is happening, Hannah? We are for each other. I can't stand being away from you any longer." Hammer leaned in and said, "I never knew you cared about me. I.." The Hero leaned in and grabbed the back of Hammer's head, pulling her in to his kiss. "Oh God!" said Hammer as she wrapped her arms around him. The Hero laid down beside her and they kissed again and again. "Are you sure, *kiss*, this is, *kiss*, what you want?" questioned Hammer. "Of course. I love you." "What, me? I'm nothing but an overgrown clumsy oaf.." "No you're not. And I want you." That settled it. Hammer, who was now known as Hannah, became the Hero of Bower Lake's wife, and they lived for a long time, having many children, thus continuing the noble bloodline of the Archon.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Re: A Match Made In Albion

Nice, that's good.